Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polish M44??

Polish M44??

A pawn shop near me has a Polish M44. It looks just like the Russian version. Bore was minty. I did not check to see if numbers matched. The rifle was really nice looking, maybe unissued. The old guy wanted $295.00 for it. It's overpriced like all his stuff. I offered $150, he counters at $250. You know where this will end up - $200.

Is a Polish M44 worth $200? Isn't that double what a Russian sells for?

Here is one in pretty good shape, plus it has a ton of bids.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=227258474

I don't think it would be more valuable than the Russian. Although, it might be with the low numbers being around compared to the glut of Russians on the market.
    Cheers
    "You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass." - Trooper M. Padgett

I paid $125 for a Russian M44 about 6 months ago in a private purchase, and have seen them hovering around the $150 at a couple of local gun-shows. That is when you can find one. The dealers all claim they are 'rare' and they do seem to fly off the table pretty quick.
    Anyhow, $200 is about $50 more than I would pay for it.
    Last edited by Schriv; 05-01-2011 at 03:18 PM.
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Polish M44's are all higher priced.The quality is MUCH better,the quantities are much lower.
    Only made for 5 years,1951/1955.
    The commonist is the 52 followed by 53,55,54,& hardest to get the 1951.
    I had collected them all.Sold them on GB. from $325. to $475.00 all were Mint.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LEAD POISON View Post
    The Polish M44's are all higher priced.The quality is MUCH better,the quantities are much lower.
    Only made for 5 years,1951/1955.
    The commonist is the 52 followed by 53,55,54,& hardest to get the 1951.
    I had collected them all.Sold them on GB. from $325. to $475.00 all were Mint.
    You are just biased
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Well I am an old pig farmer from Krackedcow.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

AIM is advertising Russian 1944's for $200. Those are the first I've seen for sale in a while.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

Dan's ammo has M38 s also.All back bored.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by Schriv View Post
    I paid $125 for a Russian M44 about 6 months ago in a private purchase, and have seen them hovering around the $150 at a couple of local gun-shows. That is when you can find one. The dealers all claim they are 'rare' and they do seem to fly off the table pretty quick.
    Anyhow, $200 is about $50 more than I would pay for it.

M44s rare? where? I can walk into Dunhams any day for the last 5 years and buy as many as I want for $79.

The M38s seem to be a bit rarer. Last time I saw them I bought 12 and paid $100 each

Quote Originally Posted by seaninmich View Post
    M44s rare? where? I can walk into Dunhams any day for the last 5 years and buy as many as I want for $79.

The M38s seem to be a bit rarer. Last time I saw them I bought 12 and paid $100 each
    You must have the M44 market cornered. The only thing Dunham's has down here is 91/30's. Feel free to send a couple 44's this way. Heck, I'd be happy with just one!
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"