Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polish M44??

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    You must have the M44 market cornered. The only thing Dunham's has down here is 91/30's. Feel free to send a couple 44's this way. Heck, I'd be happy with just one!

91/30s are all over. Dunhams has them for $79 but every month or two marks them down to $59 for a Sunday/Monday doorbuster sale. M44s are marked usually marked as high as $129, but they go on the S/M sale for $69-89.

Real M38's have always been a bit harder to come by than most Mosin's, so I would expect them to be pricey. But the day I bought my M44 (at a gun-show) I had two offers to buy it within 10 minutes of me slinging it over my shoulder. Both of them were dealers working a table. A couple more came my way as I was headed out the door from other attendee's. Plain old 91/30's are available around here by the case lot, but the carbines have been in short supply for a couple of years. I already had 5 91/30 varients, but this was one of those 'just had to do it' purchases. I haven't even shot it yet.
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The M44 rifles here in my area go for 200 and up. When they first hit the gunshows, 60 bucks would get you a nice arsenal refinished Nagant. M38 rifles are rarely seen in my area now.
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin