Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: An Appeal to the Forum Owner

Tim
    Its was F bombs and s*** without the symbols
    No one brought it to my attention, I saw it on my own in the morning. Did not even know what went on the night before until after I have edited some of his posts.
    I am in no way trying to be argumentative just confused over what the role of a moderator is. Maybe we arent needed
    I was under the assumption that it is PG in the General forum and gloves off in the WR.
    PM sent with some super duper secret info
    OOO's x XXX's
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Yes Orlando, the stuff without the symbols should have been gone. What I'm saying, in that regard, is that I either A. screwed up and missed them or B. I simply couldn't keep up with the rash of sh!t spewing from his fingers.

I have NO quams with anything you've ever moderated. So you must be doing it right or at least to my liking and others.

There is no way you can watch the forum 24-7 or should you have to
    If any of my comments came across that I was criticising they way you run the forum I certainly didnt mean them to be taken that way and I apologize.
    Amazing what one loose canon can do,I'm really tired of all this.
    I'm going to go and work on a garand for awhile
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

I just assembled and parked two. Now, FOOTBALL!

Tim, IMHO this forum runs pretty darn well as is. We don't need a lot of changes or additional censoring, lets not use the "shotgun" approach to deal with one person who has chosen to act inappropriately on the forum. Instead use the 35 Whalen approach, one shot with a large punch which takes out the offender by banning him forever. To those who feel the offender has some type of 1st amendment rights I beg to differ. This forum is a privately owned communicative website and comes under the regulation and rules of the owner. While I don't like censorship it becomes unfortunately necessary when some forum users choose to purposely violate the rules and offend or threaten others. This type of conduct is akin to being a "Cyber Bully." If you think this type of conduct doesn't bother you, you may want to reconsider as anything which disrupts or hurts others on this forum hurts all of us who use it and enjoy the friendship of the other members. This entire subject has disrupted the intent of the forum away from firearms, shooting and other gun related activity. We all know what the right answer is here be it painful to some, the offending member needs to be banned on a permanent basis.
    Please refer to Pappy's Rules #1&3 which covers this situation to a T.
    Bill
    Last edited by paid4c4; 01-07-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.