Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Appeal to the Forum Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    Heres my 2 cents.
    No profanity or vulgar comments allowed anywhere on the forum unless it is in the War Room
    I would not have been near as lenient as Tim

You are correct sir. The issue was/is that an initial warning was due first, then infractions, then banning. There are people on this very thread who have uttered profanity on this board but did not do so maliciously. We can't all be the judge of what's malicious just because we don't like someone.

One more thing, I could not possibly monitor the posts that were made fast enough. This stuff started at just after midnight last night. I went at it for almost an hour and then actually had to work this morning. While working, checked iphone for more chaos, it just never ended.

Everyone slips a four letter word now and then ,I understand. Letting them rip in multiple threads is way out of line
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    I'd have problems too. I recommend a visit to his prestigious home, If it isn't one person, it's another.
    I am not the type to puff out my chest on the internet and issue threats for rude behavior (no matter how angry I get). Given the circumstances I am taking precautions to ensure the safety of my family by doing a little search for his location. I'm just glad he's offered quite a bit of information in his posts to narrow his general location as well as his profession.

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    I am not the type to puff out my chest on the internet and issue threats for rude behavior (no matter how angry I get). Given the circumstances I am taking precautions to ensure the safety of my family by doing a little search for his location. I'm just glad he's offered quite a bit of information in his posts to narrow his general location as well as his profession.

Well now, I wouldn't worry to much. Call Canes, he'll let you know what sort of person you're dealing with.

Founding Member
    I'm not worried but you can rest assured I have enough information now to deal with a situation if a real need arises!

Dan and I have already spoken about RT and I have gotten his impression of the "IRL" RT40.

I didn't see much of him from the previous version of the board since I came on board just before the shift. But what I've seen today is more than a bit annoying.
    His posts on CMP and now here amount to little more than spam. Spam that is almosty always in very poor taste. I like a good joke and foul language doesn't offend me in the least. But insulting a mans wife rates a very real world beat-down. The down home, redneck, curb stomping kind.
    Temporary bans don't seem to do much to modify his behaviour, and he reverts to type as soon as he's let back on. Is there any benifit to ever allowing him back? I'd say no, since all he did was try to double the post count of the entire board, and it was all complete crap.
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Schriv View Post
    I didn't see much of him from the previous version of the board since I came on board just before the shift. But what I've seen today is more than a bit annoying.
    His posts on CMP and now here amount to little more than spam. Spam that is almosty always in very poor taste. I like a good joke and foul language doesn't offend me in the least. But insulting a mans wife rates a very real world beat-down. The down home, redneck, curb stomping kind.
    Temporary bans don't seem to do much to modify his behaviour, and he reverts to type as soon as he's let back on. Is there any benifit to ever allowing him back? I'd say no, since all he did was try to double the post count of the entire board, and it was all complete crap.
    Great points Schriv, I've opened a poll in the WW.

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    If he insults my wife again we'll have problems...
    Boys I don't know what's went on to get things to this point but i do understand that most of us here respect each other even though we may pick on, curse at or cut each other. But at the end of the day we all get along and have fun. However family members are off limits and exempt from the trash talk act, act, ect. If Tim feels strong enough to kick someone off the forum for a day or for ever he deserves our support. So Tim I support your action.
    Bill
    Last edited by paid4c4; 01-07-2012 at 12:12 AM.
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

I remember a time when I got into a heated discussion with someone on this board. It started in a public thread, then went private. We went back and forth for quite a while, and got on each other pretty hard. Not once do I recall a single personal insult, attack, or anything even remotely considered below the belt. I didn't see all the content of the thread(s) that started this discussion, but I saw enough. Like Bill said, sure, we get after each other from time to time, and it can even get heated, but I've yet to see anything on this forum that even comes close to the few blurbs I saw earlier tonight. It's unacceptable.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"