Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mosin Nagant

I have a half dozen M39s. One is a mint arsenal rebuild with new wood. I picked it up for under $400 not too long ago.

If cost is a factor AIM has them for $79.00 + $10 .00 for handpick.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

[which reminds me. this is one a pretty funny list that only a nagant owner will ever really get
    http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinHumor.htm ]

Now THAT'S some funny excrement. Thanks for the laugh, Sean.
    Jon

One of our local chain sporting goods stores has M91/30's for $119 complete with bayo (which may or may not fit the rifle), sling, dog collars, oil can, cartridge pouch, and tons of cosmo. Mine was made in '45, has an absolutely pristine bore, and shoots sub-2" 10-shot groups at 100 yds. It actually shoots tighter groups than any of my Garands. That's really SAD. The fact that the muzzle is about half way to the target helps some, I'm sure.
    Jon
    Last edited by musketjon; 02-03-2012 at 10:49 PM.

IMHO every man woman and child in the U.S needs at least one 91/30 and a truck load of surplus ammo to go with it. Why would anyone not have one and a bunch of ammo at current prices is beyond me. I used to have Mosin fetish, still have a little one. I've pared my Mosin collection down to mainly rare examples and ones that shoot way better than they should.A hand full of great shooting M39s,one nice M91/30,one super clean Valmet M91 and the crown jewel one excellent M28/76 Finnish Marksmanship rifle from Dennis Kroh's first hand picked shipment.You can learn to control your Mosin addiction but it aint easy.I find that the cost of collecting U.S Service rifles is a good way to keep Mosinitus in check.
    Shalom Y'all. "Speed is fine but accuracy is final" Bill Jordan.

War Room Ready
    buy it, they are fun to shoot, ammo is decent. Enjoy.

Pat burns has a great listing of M39s. Www.gunsnammo.com I bought a very nice one from her for $295

Quote Originally Posted by singleshotcajun View Post
    IMHO every man woman and child in the U.S needs at least one 91/30 and a truck load of surplus ammo to go with it. Why would anyone not have one and a bunch of ammo at current prices is beyond me. I used to have Mosin fetish, still have a little one. I've pared my Mosin collection down to mainly rare examples and ones that shoot way better than they should.A hand full of great shooting M39s,one nice M91/30,one super clean Valmet M91 and the crown jewel one excellent M28/76 Finnish Marksmanship rifle from Dennis Kroh's first hand picked shipment.You can learn to control your Mosin addiction but it aint easy.I find that the cost of collecting U.S Service rifles is a good way to keep Mosinitus in check.
    That's what I was thinking. They are so cheap and the 7.62 X 54 has decent ballistics. At the current prices it just seems smart to buy a few rifles and a few cans of surplus ammo.