Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bipod G with drop down Gas Cylinder and brake.

No sir, you can release the bolt stop as well but, like a slide on a pistol, it's better to pull the slide (oprod) back and release that instead. Using the bolt stop to release the bolt is tough on the stop, it wears it much faster.

Oh, great job on your G sir!

I know a small job machinist that's made stuff before - got drawings or something?

Eli

It can be done using milling but not for any price I can (the customer) can afford (at least I don't think so). I believe this will have to be a cast part. I'm going to try and get this thing printed and then have it quoted for casting.

any progress with the BM-style lower band?

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post
    any progress with the BM-style lower band?

You would have to ask Standard Parts about that.

Founding Member
    Tim,

I have a friend that owns a machine shop/fabricator. I can vouch he's a stand-up guy who won't screw you. He's a pistol shooter and has made some stuff for his 3-gun friend. I'm not sure if he can cast parts though. How about cutting it out with a laser? I know he can do that...

If you would like to get in touch with him I can give you his contact information.

Patriot
    hi guys, I'm new to this forum. I have been bugging Shuff with all kinds of questions about building a Mini-G for me with a BM 59 type gas system. Tim mentioned getting the parts from Standard. What's main difference between the USGI gas system and the BM59? Is the op-rod less fussy with the BM? Straighter rod with less bends? Any advantage or is it just preference ans looks? Are there different gas locks/breaks available? Yeah, I know, a bunch questions, but, I thought maybe you guys could answer a few for me and let Shuff just keep working. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot85 View Post
    hi guys, I'm new to this forum. I have been bugging Shuff with all kinds of questions about building a Mini-G for me with a BM 59 type gas system. Tim mentioned getting the parts from Standard. What's main difference between the USGI gas system and the BM59? Is the op-rod less fussy with the BM? Straighter rod with less bends? Any advantage or is it just preference ans looks? Are there different gas locks/breaks available? Yeah, I know, a bunch questions, but, I thought maybe you guys could answer a few for me and let Shuff just keep working. Thanks for any help.

+'s = Look (to some) and no modifying scout mount brackets and oprods when used together.

Patriot
    i assume as reliable as any other Tim. any issues that are unique to these that have cropped up at all or no different than any other Garand?

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot85 View Post
    i assume as reliable as any other Tim. any issues that are unique to these that have cropped up at all or no different than any other Garand?
    Oprod springs need changing much more frequently.