Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bipod G with drop down Gas Cylinder and brake.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Oprod springs need changing much more frequently.
    How many rds down the tube should it be changed?

PS, package of rusted , bent, junk parts went in the mail today
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Patriot
    so i buy the BM59 gas cylinder and break and send it along with all the regular Garand parts? i have a new spring kit. do you just cut down the op-rod spring to fit or use as is? how often are guys changing the spring? 1000 rds.?

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot85 View Post
    so i buy the BM59 gas cylinder and break and send it along with all the regular Garand parts? i have a new spring kit. do you just cut down the op-rod spring to fit or use as is? how often are guys changing the spring? 1000 rds.?
    Also need to include a signed blank check
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Patriot
    well i could do that, but i don't think you would get too far!

I like 500 rounds. I use a special spring on the G, but not the G mag fed. I take your oprod spring in trade.

Oh, one more thing, bottom line is if the oprod spring doesn't set more then .5", don't change it.

Patriot
    do you think the reason that it needs changing more often is because of less coils to absord the load? i would have you do a standard enbloc Mini-G. no mag conversion. sounds like a pretty straight forward conversion. any thing else i should consider before hand?

do you think the reason that it needs changing more often is because of less coils to absord the load? i would have you do a standard enbloc Mini-G. no mag conversion. sounds like a pretty straight forward conversion. any thing else i should consider before hand?

That spring is entirely different than a normal Garand spring. There are less coils but not as many less as you would think. The coils are thinner but more of them and the poundage of the spring is greater. The spring does seem to wear quicker though. Good news though, the Wolff highpower tanker spring can be had right at Midway or directly from Wolff. When I do a conversion the old package from the spring comes with the rifle so you know what to order.

Patriot
    thanks Tim.

thanks Tim.
    My pleasure sir.