Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is a Winchester stock..right?

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar

This is a Winchester stock..right?

This is another converted Italian.It seems to Me to have all the WRA features,but for 1,it doesn't even have a circled P.I know that it was sanded down,but I haven't seen Many proof firings erased that don't leave at least a shadow.Here are the pics.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Fake. Send it to me.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by LEAD POISON View Post
    Fake. Send it to me.
    I would,except I would worry sick about You getting a sliver and a nasty infection.I'll just have to suffer with it on My Rifle.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Dang.<<<<<<<<<<
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Junior Cadet
    I have one very similar to this. I can see in the pics the small round cutting circles left behind at the angle cut on the channel (mine cutting rings much more pronounced, but according to RickB, it may be a possible sign of a long channel cut to short during the change over). Have you pulled the front ferral to look for markings?

I have some trouble distinguishing Boyds post war walnut replacements with WRA, but I do think this one looks like a WRA, another determining factor would be under the stock ferral.

Chris,I can't check there as this was a shortened stock.The Italians cut the original ferrule lip off.I have another identical stock with the cutting circles that are very pronounced,and it has the circle P right next to the trigger housing cut out.I noticed that the angle cut in the channel is very different from all My SA stocks,but I've never seen a Boyds.
    Ryan

here are a couple more of the op rod cut angle,and next to a definite SA

Photobucket
    Photobucket

Junior Cadet
    Sorry, I missed the Italian modified end, doh!!!

Founding Member
    I couldn't look at the picture to long cause I'm scared of skeletons, lol. It is a Winchester. Rick B

Quote Originally Posted by Rick B View Post
    I couldn't look at the picture to long cause I'm scared of skeletons, lol. It is a Winchester. Rick B
    LOL,thanks Rick!I don't know what They were doing at School the other day but My daughter brought that Skeleton Home.