Thread: OK Guys Here Are the Pictures of My First Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OK Guys Here Are the Pictures of My First Build

I appreciate all of those who have followed my first 1911 build with their comments, suggestions and torments (Tim!). It has taken some time and I've had a few set backs. I have learned a lot about 1911's and how they work. I don't claim to be a pistol smith or 1911 expert, I can however take one apart replace parts and put it back together. I've learned to fit; barrel bushings, slide to frame, grip safety, trigger, slide lock and barrel. I would like to learn more and build another 1911 but I need more tools to go to the next step. This is my first build and was built on a Wilson Combat frame/slide and I used mostly Wilson Combat Bullet Proof parts. I shot it today after a final tune up. I put 100 rounds through it with no hiccups, no problems at all. I found it to be smooth and accurate (accurate for me). All in all I'm very happy with the outcome and a little proud in there also. The pictures I'm posting will be the before pictures as it now goes for engraving and then to be finished. Two points I would like to make;1st-if you're in a hurry don't try to build your own 1911 go buy one already built, 2nd-If you want to build one thinking you're going to save money go buy one already built. I will be glad to see questions, comments and criticism(Tim).
    Regards;
    Bill

Last edited by paid4c4; 01-21-2012 at 12:17 AM.
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.