Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repaired M2 stock

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar

Repaired M2 stock

My good buddy gave Me some junk stocks to work with and this was one of them.The crack was enormous,starting at the magazine well and going forward about 6 inches.I actually had to remove a very large Piece from the crack,which I tried to take pics of but it wouldn't focus(I put up blurry pics).It is all patched and just got a coat of BLO.I think it will look awesome with several coats...it was very Dry...Thanks Bob! ps,the sling well is marked with a circled K...what is that?

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    after major repair

Photobucket
    Last edited by Prince Humperdink; 05-03-2011 at 12:59 AM.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

here is a full view..I'll take more pics outside during daylight

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Last edited by Prince Humperdink; 05-03-2011 at 03:59 PM.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Junior Cadet
    You did pretty darn good on that stock. As to the circle K. It is not know for sure who the stock maker is as no documentation on it has been found yet but it is thought to be for Keystone. Not yet known if late war or post war production.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    You did pretty darn good on that stock. As to the circle K. It is not know for sure who the stock maker is as no documentation on it has been found yet but it is thought to be for Keystone. Not yet known if late war or post war production.

Very cool information Sir Tuna. What leads those who think it is Keystone to believe so? I love this stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Very cool information Sir Tuna. What leads those who think it is Keystone to believe so? I love this stuff!

Tim Tim,Bill Ricca said that He doesn't have Proof,but evidence leads to Late war Keystone Mfgr(I had just looked it Up before Tuna posted)Thanks for the Input BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post
    Tim Tim,Bill Ricca said that He doesn't have Proof,but evidence leads to Late war Keystone Mfgr(I had just looked it Up before Tuna posted)Thanks for the Input BTW!

Yes Prince, but what's the "evidence"?

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Yes Prince, but what's the "evidence"?
    I can't find the thread,but this thread quotes what Bill said,again,there is no proof to date that I know of.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=15407

Damn Hump, you fixed it and it looks GOOD!!! I knew there was some color under there but that sure popped out.

And a Keystone at that, I'll send the bill.
    "Elk don't know how many feet a horse has!"

I smell a new business in the makin. Good job!

The Circle K stocks are a mystery. I have read that some think the maker is Keystone and many others including Reich indicated there was no accurate information. A true mystery in the collecting community.
    The number 7, 9 or 6 has appeared on numerous stocks .
    Last edited by MH53GUNNER; 05-09-2011 at 06:43 PM.
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin

I hate M2 stocks but that one looks purty Humpy.
    Photobucket

"Opinions are like a$$holes. Everybody has one and everyone else's stinks."

Cal30M1 , Garbageman Supreme