Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repaired M2 stock

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal30M1 View Post
    I hate M2 stocks but that one looks purty Humpy.
    Me too,but I like the Striping.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

I sure wish you had better before pics, I know what it looked like when you got it, you can't even see it in the pics. Friggin great job!!! I will go on the record here and tell you I DID NOT put that putty/epoxy/wood glue/superglue/duct tape/gorilla glue/elmers paste in the crack. I have never seen anything like that repair attempt but I have never seen such a fine job at bringing one back either. Post a few more pics after the 6th and 7th coat of BLO.
    "Elk don't know how many feet a horse has!"

War Room Ready
    Great job, that is one of the reasons I like old military rifles. I love working on the wood stocks. Mine don't seem to come out that good though, what glue did you use on the crack?

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jjones View Post
    Great job, that is one of the reasons I like old military rifles. I love working on the wood stocks. Mine don't seem to come out that good though, what glue did you use on the crack?
    I drill it,and put dowels in if I can,and then use a 2 part epoxy(2,500psi rated),I then mix with fine walnut dust on the exterior crack.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)