Thread: Fedex STINKS

Fedex STINKS

I wish CMP would use UPS for shipping ammo. Lately if FedEx is my only shipping option with a vendor I go with another vendor. FedEx is IT with CMP. My "Big" order came in yesterday and I am very upset over it. My 5000 round case of Aguila .22 bullets had been body slammed on my concrete patio. The box was cracked and five of ten boxes were cracked. I inspected most of the individual boxes and found one box of fifty to be unshootable,horribly bent and a wonder they did not go off.Today when I get home I'll go over them better. The HXP packed loose in the 7.62 cans (the only way they sell it now) arrived ok; even FedEx can't destroy 7.62 ammo cans. The box containing lots of Varget from Midsouth (FedEx again even though I specified and paid extra for UPS) was wet but the big ole jug of powder was intact. At a minimum CMP should over pack the cases of .22 rounds as the box from Aguila is very thin and FedEx hires morons to deliver. FedEx uses independent contractors who in turn slap a magnetic sign on their vehicle and go forth and through stuff out the window. Rant over................Shalom.
    Shalom Y'all. "Speed is fine but accuracy is final" Bill Jordan.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    My only issue with UPS is that everything I get from Them is 7 Day shipping...I want My stuff Now,not in a week!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

I think the big difference is that UPS drivers are UPS employees and most FedEx drivers are contractors. Maybe it is just in my area but UPS has never damaged my stuff and it seems to be the norm with FedEx.

Founding Member
    The only trouble I've had with FedEx was a "delivered" package that had to be tracked down. It eventually showed up after the track was initiated by the company. I guess we are lucky because the drivers around here seem to be full time employees.

All my overnight rifles have been delivered by the same lady driver and I could set my watch by when she arrived.
    Last edited by cuppednlocked; 01-26-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: stupid ipad

Went trough the case of Aguila last night with a fine tooth comb. In total 15 rounds too bent or pulled out to shoot.I did not inspect all boxes that were uncreased and completely intact.I opened every other intact boxes.Several boxes with dents on one side had bent or pulled our rounds on the end,these rounds anchor the box through holes in the plastic.The one box of fifty I previously thought to be totally destroyed only had 6 to chunk.So, it seems That I have 4985 of the 5000. I can live with that.
    Last edited by singleshotcajun; 01-26-2012 at 06:11 AM.

Founding Member
    Still sucks that your package, errrr box, was treated so roughly. (I am glad this is not the war room...)