Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lookit What I Got

Quote Originally Posted by melloman View Post
    Yeah, I might have to thin the herd, but for me it is tough to decide which one(s) to part with. Since I've partially corrected each of them the only way to get my money back is to part them out; I can't sell some of them complete for what I have into them.
    I kept a Winchester, a Rock Ola, and an IBM.
    Sold or traded all the others,of coarse I never had a Irwin Peterman.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

War Room Ready
    I've had just about all the variants from all makers over the years, EXCEPT an IP. I don't know why, just never aquired one. I've had the opportunity and never bought one. I have had ALL the parts at one time or another but sold everything. Even had a mint IP stock which I got off a local purchase. I sold the stock for way more than I paid for the rifle itself. Even now, after selling dozens of them, I have retained at least one example from each maker in my collection but still have no desire for an IP. Sort of like not having any desire to aquire an M1C garand. They are cool, but not having one does'nt bother me.

Dave,
    ALL makers?? As in ALL?? Really?? Where'd you find a Commercial Controls (they took over the NPM contract and only made 200 carbines)??? Just curious, that's all I'm saying.
    Jon

War Room Ready
    The IP should be easy to restore because beyond the receiver, I would think pretty much anything goes.

[The IP should be easy to restore because beyond the receiver, I would think pretty much anything goes.]

Not exactly. SHOULD be IP or S'G'---both are expen$ive parts. I know--I have or have had both at one time. Now all I have is the IP.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by musketjon View Post
    Dave,
    ALL makers?? As in ALL?? Really?? Where'd you find a Commercial Controls (they took over the NPM contract and only made 200 carbines)??? Just curious, that's all I'm saying.
    Jon
    Thought that was just an urban legend. Has ANYONE ever heard of a CC actually having been produced and documented?
    "Are you my pal, Danny?"

War Room Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by melloman View Post
    Thought that was just an urban legend. Has ANYONE ever heard of a CC actually having been produced and documented?
    AFAIK, there were no CC ever accepted by the government, same goes for IP as made by IP. It was'nt until S'G' took over that any got accepted. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Been out of the carbine loop for a very long time and I've forgotten more than I remembered. I've had very early S'G' s that had a lot of IP parts in them, but never a complete IP. I still have an S'G' but I have'nt had it or the others out of the safe in years. I don't even recall what it has for parts without digging out the data sheets. The only carbine I have out on ocassion is an early M1A1 and thats just for fondling.