Thread: My Garand frankengun

Junior Cadet

My Garand frankengun

Hello all I am new here. I am actually supposed to be apssbc but I screwed up and missed it, oh well. I was referred here from another forum. I was told that the folks here might be interested is seeing my gun.

My grandfather gave me this gun about 5 years ago. He bought it in 1965 for $250 dollars. It was listed as a M14 on the receipt from Sears. After I got the gun I began researching it, realizing it was not a M1a. The gun is Garand all the way except for the barrel and the fact that it was modified to accept M1a mags. This was done prior to 1965. The receiver is late 1945 and most of the gun is SA but non matching numbers. The gun is very accurate and reliable. I've modified a few things with the gun to soot my shooting but nothing permanent. The pics with camo are recent, I have some older pics also that are more detailed.

Let me know what you think. Like I said I was told yall may want to see this.

Junior Cadet
    Two More

A couple of observations;
    1. It was blued and most of these were which almost always makes me think something done by golden state
    2. It was a "tanker" model
    3. I'll bet that is a two piece barrel
    4. Could be a welded receiver, need close up and inside shot
    5. Neat idea on the bird cage, most probably brazed to the lock
    6. Not a BM trigger housing but one done purposely for the 14

Thanks for sharing, I like seeing what others have done with the Garand and I very much appreciate you posting pictures.

Nope, don't like it.
    Jon

War Room Ready
    Welcome to bt. It looks cool. I would check if that is a welded reciever, or two piece barrel, like mr. Shufflin said.