Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BM59 muzzle break

Patriot

BM59 muzzle break

me again with another question. anyone try different breaks to see which one works the best with the least amount of blast. i was gonna order the one from Standard Parts along with their gas cylinder, but, it just doesn't have that "COOL LOOK" to it. but, if it works o.k., without major blast, then i can handle the look. thanks guys.

Patriot
    Are there other breaks that have the same thread or that will work with the gas cylinder that I want to use? i should say that I have a new Criterion barrel that I want to use for my Mini-G conversion. I'll pay the extra money for using my barrel.

With the drop down gas cylinder you can use any brake for the BM59

For the standard Garand, you have the Smith Garand brake and the T37

Any other brake requires special barrel sizing and threading that I don't do. My muzzles are just about exactly USGI OD of .510. If you can find a brake that can make use of that OD and get someone to cut the threads, you are in.

Patriot
    you will have to shorten and rethread my barrel for the BM59 though, correct?

Barrels have to be shortened to do a BM59 and the thread for the lock is one which fits ALL BM type brakes. There is no lock, at least I've only seen a very few homemade ones, that works on the 59 so that a brake could be added separately on the end.

Patriot
    well, o.k., so bottom line is, i want one of your Mini-Gs with the drop down gas system using my Criterion barrel with Standard Parts BM 59 new production gas cylinder and lock/break. NIW 77 series op-rod. Enbloc fed. Dupage laminate stock. Ultimak mount. Is this all cool and is there anything here Tim that would cost above what your conversion price is?

There are BM59 gas locks out there that were used BM59 detachable parachute muzzle breaks.
    I will post a pic when I get some time.
    Mike
    M1CC #328

Here we go.
    The pics are from left to right :
    BM59 detachable paratrooper gas lock,BM59 detachable paratrooper gas lock modified to fit the M1 Garand,Prototype gas lock that is very similar to the other 2 but I am unsure what it fits,silencer maybee.
    Last is the paratrooper muzzlebreak that twist on and off of the above gas locks.
    M1CC #328

Patriot
    thanks for the pics Mike. i'm still trying to figure out what i need for parts before i send anything to Shuffs.

I understand . Glad to see you over here .
    M1CC #328