Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BM59 muzzle break

Patriot
    well, i'm getting closer. only thing left is the op-rod, barrel and the stock. all of which are coming. then i have to get the most important thing, at least maybe to Tim, the cash. got a good start though. getting anxious. have not decided yet on what type of optic to use, red dot or scope. i should probably figure out what i will use the rifle for the most. i do know that i need a Mini-G. that much is for sure. any more pics from you guys of yours????

Rather than clutter the thread with my less-than-professional photos, they're on Photobucket at this link.

very nice !!

Rather than clutter the thread with my less-than-professional photos......
    me like gun pron

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post
    me like gun pron
    Thank you sir!

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldretiredcop View Post
    Rather than clutter the thread with my less-than-professional photos, they're on Photobucket at this link.
    where did you get the cylinder lock from? haven't seen a solid one. is that a 5" machined down? nice rifle!

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot85 View Post
    where did you get the cylinder lock from? haven't seen a solid one. is that a 5" machined down? nice rifle!
    Thanks! You are right on the money - it's a demilled Beretta tricompensator milled down. I'd like to have the tricomp on my rifle, but here in the People's Republik of Kalifornia, it would then be considered an assault weapon due to the grenade launching feature.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldretiredcop View Post
    Thanks! You are right on the money - it's a demilled Beretta tricompensator milled down. I'd like to have the tricomp on my rifle, but here in the People's Republik of Kalifornia, it would then be considered an assault weapon due to the grenade launching feature.
    The 5" (lug under lock) lacks grenade launching capability.

Eli

Shows you what I know about tricomps. The one I shortened came from this Gunbroker auction and was a tricompensator with grenade launching capability. The photo below is the "before". I thought all the tricomps did, but certainly don't mind being educated as I have a long-range plan to build a BM-59 - I just have to escape the PRK first or find one of the 5" lug under lock versions.

Last edited by grumpyoldretiredcop; 02-26-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Very nice !
    Who did the work on the demilled brake if you don't mind me asking ?
    M1CC #328

I cut it down and milled it flat, I'm pretty sure that Tim cleaned it up more as it didn't look that good when I sent it to him.