Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USS Gabrielle Giffords

Uh, that might actually make sense. Can't let that happen.

How about the "USS Gabby's All Star Neuro Team That You, Me Or Anyone In Our Familys Will Never Have Access To". They really did make it all possible.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

That'll work, if we're shooting for accuracy, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    If that's the criteria, I have a few Silver Star and Navy Cross winners who could go to the front of the line.

Some posthumously.
    Apparently HerkFE and yourself don't get it, it is for you and yours to do the heavy lifting and dying while gabbie and the federal government give away your loot while you're gone. I respect you guys who want to join the military, to an extent, but I really don't get why you would want to die or risk death for a nation which is no longer any resemblance of what the founders intended. A nation which goes so far as to name its vessels after thieves then to name them after those who actually do the dying for it?

Are you two ready for some other names? Stu will enlighten you in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    How about the "USS Gabby's All Star Neuro Team That You, Me Or Anyone In Our Familys Will Never Have Access To". They really did make it all possible.

Stu, I was waiting for you to post this atrocity, the uss ceasar chavez. I know I took one of those this morning.
    http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...121888364.html

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    No typo. You're not imagining this.

will it come from the shipyard with hole already shot through the hull?

The uss john murtha, what proud moments these are. How about the uss tampon?

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Apparently HerkFE and yourself don't get it, it is for you and yours to do the heavy lifting and dying while gabbie and the federal government give away your loot while you're gone. I respect you guys who want to join the military, to an extent, but I really don't get why you would want to die or risk death for a nation which is no longer any resemblance of what the founders intended. A nation which goes so far as to name its vessels after thieves then to name them after those who actually do the dying for it?

Are you two ready for some other names? Stu will enlighten you in time.
    Oh I get it, mostly. The neat part about the oath of enlistment is the part where you swear to defend the constitution against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic. We've all been working on the foreign, I have a feeling a large swath of the population is going to start working on the domestic. If you don't get the military thing, that's cool, you don't get it. A lot of us are here just to have a steady paycheck, while others had or developed "patriotic" reasons to be here.
    Anyway, I've been fond of saying this lately, so I'll leave it as my last thought. I love my country, but I sure don't like a lot of the people that live in it.

All I can hope is that a new Pres would be open to changing the names. This happened under Reagan when Carter had some stupid ship names. Changed them all, example is the USS Bataan, it was supposed to be the USS Albight.

Every time I loose faith I read General Washingtons Memoirs and writings. He had to weather plenty of BS with the British, but in the end he was in the right place at the right time.

And the same could be said of WWII, Roosevelt was continuing a progressivly statist drive to nationalize everything. It produced President Eisenhower who helped get the economy of the 1950's rocking.

Kind of funny that in the last 100 years (WWI, WWII, Vietnam, IRAQ/AFG) during these major operations the government has increased social welfare and tried to nationalize industry in the name of fairness.

In the end I believe that current conflicts will produce great leaders like Congressman Alan West. Hopefully they can undo the damage inflicted, America is still the last best hope for Freedom and liberty in the world.
    Last edited by Francis; 02-17-2012 at 12:03 PM.