Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: parkerizing m1 garand

Junior Cadet

parkerizing m1 garand

Hello all i'm new to this forum and was wondering, i have an h&r m1 that has some rust spots, i cleaned it up pretty good but still has some rust, Can Shuff's parkerizing restore it to a nice finish?

VitSports6
    Hell and yes!
    Excellent work, He turned my Korean pig in to the bell of the ball.

Junior Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by VitSports6 View Post
    Hell and yes!
    Excellent work, He turned my Korean pig in to the bell of the ball.
    thanks bro, now all i need is to get a stock first and then send him my m1

Quote Originally Posted by GenticJoe View Post
    Hello all i'm new to this forum and was wondering, i have an h&r m1 that has some rust spots, i cleaned it up pretty good but still has some rust, Can Shuff's parkerizing restore it to a nice finish?
    Are you sure it's rust ? Sometimes dried grease is really hard to remove. If your rifle has pitting under the rust, the parking will not eliminate the pitting. It will just park the pits, not fill in the pits.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Junior Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Are you sure it's rust ? Sometimes dried grease is really hard to remove. If your rifle has pitting under the rust, the parking will not eliminate the pitting. It will just park the pits, not fill in the pits.
    im sure its rust but i dont think it is pitted , just surface rust. I will try to post some pics , so you can see . Thanks

The thirty or so Garands Mr. Shufflin has parkerized for me all turned out great, even several rust buckets.
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

Junior Cadet
    Thanks Bill can't wait to send it to him , but i have to buy a stock first. I want to have it stamped with proof. What the procedure in sending the rifle?, do i need a ffl to ship to to Tim for me?

FFL only needed when selling or buying a rifle, not sending one to be parkerized.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Quote Originally Posted by GenticJoe View Post
    Thanks Bill can't wait to send it to him , but i have to buy a stock first. I want to have it stamped with proof. What the procedure in sending the rifle?, do i need a ffl to ship to to Tim for me?
    No FFL needed to ship rifle for service at an FFL licensed facility such as Tim's. USPS Priority Mail is my preferred way to ship. You might check with Tim as he might have a stock to sell. You can also list on this forum that you want to purchase a stock, usually someone has a stock to sell. You might check Dupage Trading for a stock set: https://www.dupagetrading.com/m1-sto...stock-set.html
    Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of M1 Garands, warning however they can be habit forming.
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

Junior Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
    No FFL needed to ship rifle for service at an FFL licensed facility such as Tim's. USPS Priority Mail is my preferred way to ship. You might check with Tim as he might have a stock to sell. You can also list on this forum that you want to purchase a stock, usually someone has a stock to sell. You might check Dupage Trading for a stock set: https://www.dupagetrading.com/m1-sto...stock-set.html
    Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of M1 Garands, warning however they can be habit forming.
    Bill
    Thanks for the warm welcome and info. I know once its fixed up i will love her more