Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feb 1944 Restoration

I'll tell you what CChris, I don't see it in my Duffy book right here. By the way, how do I know if what someone says is "original" really is "original"? When I see people accepting some of the stuff they are now as hoyle, then I don't really trust anyone.

I beleive he has taken the sheets and written them from rifles he believed to be correct. Even since Duffs book was written different facts have come to light (dont ask me which isnt correct). Books are only guidlines, take two or three combine what you read and go by that.
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Junior Cadet
    I agree Orlando, the books are only a referance point, and new things are learned all the time. I just wanted to know if he states that he believed those where origional, such as examples found at Springfield Armory.

Tim, to address your point (which I also agree with), I do think I would believe the origionality of one Duff claimed he did a data sheet on, such as examples from Springfield Armory for instance, and that is the question I was trying to ask/establish concerning those found in his book. I wasnt refering to Joe Blow on Ebay, or just any Tom, Dick or Harry. There is alot to prove in a claim of origionality which I concur can seldom be done.

Collector Chris, I'm to the point where I don't trust ANYONE unless I know their scope of work. The stuff some of these collectors are passing off as new factoids makes me giggle.

Junior Cadet
    I imagine you see all kinds of forgery parts during your work, really sad these folks ruin the joy of this and any other hobbie which becomes extremely popular. Reminds me of why I quit collecting baseball cards as a kid, too many large companies and forgers trying to cash in.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CollectorChris View Post
    I imagine you see all kinds of forgery parts during your work, really sad these folks ruin the joy of this and any other hobbie which becomes extremely popular. Reminds me of why I quit collecting baseball cards as a kid, too many large companies and forgers trying to cash in.
    Coin collecting is a Forging paradise as well
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

I do see a BUNCH of forgeries Chris and what saddens me is that many of the makers of these forgeries do not get the same stigma associated with them as I do with stock cartouching. Frankly, forgeries do not bother me in the least so long as what is being replicated is not copyright protected. I take the responsibility to win or lose based on my own knowledge, little as it is.