Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody ever been to the Dark Continent?

Anybody ever been to the Dark Continent?

My wife bought me a trip to Africa for our five year anniversary back in 2005. Sorry for the dated experience, but I cannot stop reliving the experience!

Used my Model 70 .375 H&H and Winchester 1895 .405 Winchester.

If anyone wants more specifics, I'd be happy to pass them on!

Did you mount any??
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Flat skin on the zebra, European on the warthog, all others are shoulder, wall pedestal or pedestal mounts.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Very nice,although I don't think I could shoot a zebra Myself,It would be a cool rug.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Hump,

Hunting zebra is nothing like hunting horse in the corral beside the barn. It is a hunt, not a shoot, if that is what you mean.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13Fox View Post
    Hump,

Hunting zebra is nothing like hunting horse in the corral beside the barn. It is a hunt, not a shoot, if that is what you mean.
    LOL,I have no doubt!I am an avid Hunter of just about anything I can eat and some pests,I have no reason other than the first thing I see when I see someone take a Zebra is that I have no desire.I don't fault Anyone for doing it,I just have no desire......ps,I don't care for Horses
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Cool!

I too, as you have probably realized, am all about hunting! But for me, the list of things that I don't want to hunt is quite small... What's wrong with me? I don't have a desire to hunt a walrus... But I do realy, really want to hunt giraffe and so many other things! Ele... that's my number one!

Founding Member
    That looks like a nice Kudu! Did you have a difficult time getting a shot on that one?

I love seeing photos of this stuff but I have no desire, at this time, to hunt anything anywhere else but in America or Canada. I just don't trust other nations with my safety. I also don't really don't care for hot weather. This all said, my desires change frequently and I wouldn't be surprised if I suddenly got a hankering to go to Africa at a later time.

Did you and your wife go? If so, what was that like? Were the accommodations fit for women? Does she recall the trip "fondly"?

Nice animals.
    I love that gemsbuck. That and a kudu are on my bucket list.
    In God we trust, all others pay cash.