Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Limits for inventory not yet advertised... "just in case"

Founding Member
    Not me, he's looking for a hand out. IF he was paying for college 100% out of pocket he either would have more respect for himself than to ask for a hand out OR have enough money from "mommy & daddy" that he could also buy more enblocs than he could ever use...

How can someone who can afford an M1 and ammo not be able to afford en bloc clips?

It reminds me of the guy I knew that bought a BMW but couldn't afford to get the oil changed.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    How can someone who can afford an M1 and ammo not be able to afford en bloc clips?

It reminds me of the guy I knew that bought a BMW but couldn't afford to get the oil changed.
    Same thing I though when I read his post the otherday. I almost commented so on CMP but had restraint
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    If he's actually paying for his college, NO federal or state aid, I'd give him 20. If he's getting state or federal aid, he's not a college student, he's a welfare recipient.
    My daughter is a poor college student, has college loans which she will repay , living on her own,working a fulltime job making a whopping $13.50 a hour, going to school at night and online and eeking by. If she wanted enblocs I'm sure she would scrape up a few bucks for them and would hope she wouldnt beg for the
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    My daughter is a poor college student, has college loans which she will repay , living on her own,working a fulltime job making a whopping $13.50 a hour, going to school at night and online and eeking by. If she wanted enblocs I'm sure she would scrape up a few bucks for them and would hope she wouldnt beg for the

Oh I agree, if someone actually asked me for them, I'd not respect them. If such a student did not ask but needed, I'd probably give them to them. People from the ages of 18-30 are the poorest Americans in the country while those 55 and up are the wealthiest. Still, as a society we have no qualms giving a senior discount to the guy who just drove up in his new Buick to play 18 holes while we ask full price from the Ramen noodle eating kid.

I was in fast food for 21 years, I saw every single day how the elderly drove up in their shiny Lincolns, Cadillacs, Buicks, Grand Marquis, and wanted a free cup of coffee by virtue of simply being old and collecting the money of the poor kid going to college. Taco Bell, in the corporate stores, finally got rid of the "senior discount" on or about 1994. Many stores still give it but they are breaking corporate policy. Freebies for old people are fine, freebies for kids are frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    . People from the ages of 18-30 are the poorest Americans in the country while those 55 and up are the wealthiest. .
    Heck Ya, three more years and my ship is comin in!!!!!!!!

The "poor college student" that could'nt afford enblocs just posted about a M14 Stock that he just got
    Wonder if he whined and got that at a discount?
    http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=69838

I find it funny that the same people that spent the last 3 years screaming AGAINST rationing health care are always screaming FOR rationing ammo, guns, etc when they can benefit from it. It is rather pathetic to see people who claim to be conservatives turn out to just be more hypocritical liberals.

Founding Member
    I think discounts for the elderly are fine and should be avoided for youth. Simple reason is that the older generation has already learned how life works. If you start someone on the handout they will only know the handout.

Perhaps I mis-read his plea to find enblocs. Maybe he was just adding a little adjective so others would know who is really is. I wonder what "poor" really means to him? Is it a restrictive budget that prevents him from partying on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday?

If Taco Bell, or any other business, wants to give discounts it's their decision, not ours. Asking for discounts or handouts is just plain douchebaggery.
    !