Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Limits for inventory not yet advertised... "just in case"

how about discounts for NO ONE! why in hell should anyone pay less because of the year in which they were born? Old people are the last ones that should get a discount. If they haven't managed to save enough by then to pay for what they want, then too f-ing bad.

I don't get the panic, there are rifles for sale still, and ammo to buy. Who cares if the CMP runs out, the free market will still have M1 Garands and Ammo available.

The CMP customers that go on the forum and petition for rationing and price scheduling are the same people that have gotten America is the poop sandwhich were in right now.

But here is why college students are really broke and need a handout:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...-sandra-fluke/

Birth control costs are killing them!
    Last edited by Francis; 02-29-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    If Taco Bell, or any other business, wants to give discounts it's their decision, not ours. Asking for discounts or handouts is just plain douchebaggery.
    + 1 gazillion

Come on, college students at Georgetown are going broke trying to keep up with all the thumping they have to endure, the least you can do is give em' some enblocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    Come on, college students at Georgetown are going broke trying to keep up with all the humping they have to endure, the least you can do is give em' some enblocks!
    She does not need contraception. No one would fornicate with that flea-bag female canine anyway.
    Last edited by canes7; 02-29-2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: choice of words didn't meet decorum for this area
    !

"When it's time to shoot, SHOOT, don't talk!" -- Tuco

Communist of the year award,

02-06-2012, 06:58 PM
    Fogtripper
    CMP Customer

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eplexus
    In the short term I agree that's true, but long term, after the 22 rifles are all gone, which they are, and after the 22 sights are all gone, which they're about to be, and after the ___(fill in the blank) are all gone, it'll be about people. Their participation and support is what will count. IMO it's best, to not only make a profit, but to also invest in the people who either currently do or who will support the program, other than by CMP purchases.

Trust me, I support limits. I am speaking about the reality of the situation. CMP funds it's marksmanship activities via sales. The sales are not the goal, paying for the activities is.

I like limits because it gives me (as a collector) a decent chance to get an item. I also like that the CMP will always have people willing to support their cause by purchasing their wares. It is not a black or white POV.

By the by, I found a temporary (Unknown if it will support sling use to carry the 40X) replacement for the handstop nut:
    Home Depot carries a "Speed Nut" which is basically a shaped piece of flat spring-like metal.
    Speed Nut
    SMS-Flat #14
    Plain Steel
    BG-P/47-P

It is holding my new/old handstop nicely. Had to attach it with the rail removed from the stock, then just screw the rail back in place.

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    I think discounts for the elderly are fine and should be avoided for youth. Simple reason is that the older generation has already learned how life works. If you start someone on the handout they will only know the handout.

Perhaps I mis-read his plea to find enblocs. Maybe he was just adding a little adjective so others would know who is really is. I wonder what "poor" really means to him? Is it a restrictive budget that prevents him from partying on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday?

Tell me you're kidding please. By virtue of being a certain age you would support someone getting a discount? I could agree if the discount were based on some objective situation, but age? To give the wealthiest Americans discounts just because they are the oldest? If I ever give a discount, it will be for rational reasons. My clientele is prototypical, above 40 for the most part. I would want to draw a missing clientele and would consider discounts for those under 30.

Founding Member
    Not kidding at all.

From a business standpoint I would find a way to get people to spend money with me. If the older generation has the most money why would I not try and get them in my "store"? If it takes a free cup of coffee or some other discount so be it. If the youth have less expendible income how much effort should I put in to try and get the one dollar they may have to spend once in a blue moon?

It's no different than tipping a server well and getting better service the next time you visit the restaurant. As a restaurant worker myself back in the day, when I waited tables you can bet I knew who my regulars were and took care of them. As FOH manager I made sure the waitstaff were taking care of our bread and butter customers. Sometimes I would comp an app or something to show my appreciation. Not one of those regulars were young. I did not care that they had the most money to spend. I was not concerned about getting the "current" dollar out of their pocket but rather the "next".

ETA: Don't you think there is a reason your business draws from the over 40 demographic?
    Last edited by cuppednlocked; 03-01-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    Not kidding at all.

From a business standpoint I would find a way to get people to spend money with me. If the older generation has the most money why would I not try and get them in my "store"? If it takes a free cup of coffee or some other discount so be it. If the youth have less expendible income how much effort should I put in to try and get the one dollar they may have to spend once in a blue moon?

It's no different than tipping a server well and getting better service the next time you visit the restaurant. As a restaurant worker myself back in the day, when I waited tables you can bet I knew who my regulars were and took care of them. As FOH manager I made sure the waitstaff were taking care of our bread and butter customers. Sometimes I would comp an app or something to show my appreciation. Not one of those regulars were young. I did not care that they had the most money to spend. I was not concerned about getting the "current" dollar out of their pocket but rather the "next".

ETA: Don't you think there is a reason your business draws from the over 40 demographic?
    Okay, I see the reasoning behind your statement and now I get that you're not being emotional but business savvy. I know the reason behind my business clientele's age, if you already have an age group who brings you business, the goal is to get what you don't have. Again, if I was to attack my business model really thoroughly, I would go after the younger audience and get that market share. Why I don't do that is because I've chosen a business model that is not conducive to hiring more people. If I can't handle the extra business, you charge no one a different rate and let the chips fall where they may.