Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pure truth

pure truth

I saw this on an other forum, and thought it needed to be shared.

While a 9 mm or .40 caliber bullet may or may not expand, it is an undeniable fact that a .45 caliber bullet will never shrink.

Mike

And that's why the only handguns I own are .45ACP
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

lol you guys and your .45's lol while i have a bunch of 1911's and thats what i cut my teeth on shooting, i carry a Glock 34 or a Browning hi power most often both 9mm (yes, i will carry my Les Baer someday's)
    All of the shot data i have looked at over the years shows that shot placement with any round is most critical, the whole 45 vs 9mm debate is beat to death.
    I always thought it was a USA vs Europe debate mostly. Carry on...lol
    Cheers
    "You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass." - Trooper M. Padgett

Even a .22LR is a strong deterrant (or deadly) when placed correctly.
    !

i still like a .45. I do not own a 9mm any more and do not find myself ill served.

Mike

Attachment 59

I was at the range today shooting my Glock model 30. I had forgotten how much fun it is to shoot and how accurate it is. I have the 3 pound trigger pull and it shoots great. With double action and Trijicon night sights it's my favorite non 1911 .45 caliber pistol. Just like with cars there is no replacement for displacement, there's no replacement for mass in projectiles.
    Bill

I shoot what I will be most apt to carry no matter what I'm wearing. My Kahr PM9 can be carried even with shorts being worn. It is the second lightest 9mm made, it is slim as the dickens. If a .45 is super bad to the bone, but I'm not apt to carry it, it does me no good.

C'mon, be honest. You 9mm guys just can't handle the recoil of a real pistol round! It might mess up your manicures

+1 on the Glock 30, Bill. I love mine. You made a good choice for me!
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

I would not say i'm a 9mm guy, i just value less manulipation of the gun IE reloading with the Glock 34 or the Browning. A high cap mag does not mean you can shoot more, it means you have to mess around with the weapon less. Really its a moot point as 85% of people shot with a handgun live to tell about it. That is where shot placement comes in. So, if you know you are going to a fight, take a rifle. You get caught in a fight with a handgun.
    "You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass." - Trooper M. Padgett

I do prefer the 45acp but find myself carrying a 21/2 in 357 revolver most of the time with an LCP380 as backup. You just have to be comfortable with what you are using. Most important is shot placement anyway. Still heavier is better.
    "No man who is not willing to bear arms and to fight for his rights can give a good reason why he should be entitled to the privilege of living in a free community." -- Theodore Roosevelt