Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neat weight loss site

Neat weight loss site

Okay, so just before Christmas I was 251lbs on or about November 27. After Christmas I was 275lbs and went to get my physical finding cholesterol had went from 175 to 270 or 275. I drank a lot of Nog. Anyhow, my wife and I went on diets with a website called Loseit.com . I started my diet on 1-10-12 and as of yesterday 3-3-10 I had gone from 275 lbs to 244 lbs.

The software is pretty good, it lets you add exercise to your day so you can eat more. It knows what dishes at the outback steakhouse or stuff in your grocery store have for calories. My favorite thing though is that if I know I'm going to be having a party like for the superbowl, I will just exercise my butt off and bank calories for two days so that I can splurge for the party. I am hoping that this program will teach me some restraint for life. At the very least loseit makes it painfully clear the relationship between eating and exercising.

Anyways stats are were as follows

I am 6'2" tall

January 10
    44" waist
    XXXL shirt
    275 pounds
    Cholesterol 275

March 3
    On the edge between 38" and 40" waist
    XL to XXL shirt
    244 pounds
    Cholesterol unknown, getting another blood work soon.

I'll report back on April 3 + or -. My goal weight is 220 pounds which is 5 pounds less then what I weighed in High School.

Thanks.. I'll look into it. I've been on the gaining side lately and need to stop. I'm 6'2". 18 months ago I was 225#, now I'm up to 242. In the last year I've quit smoking and underwent a major back surgery that kept me inactive for a while.

Sounds like you may have found the answer Tim.
    !

I'm 5'2 and 302# but I like pizza,ice cream,little debby(oh never mind she lives next door)
    I'll finish this later.I'm hungry.Think I'll have a couple double Whoopers and a shake.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

6'2" seems to be a pattern here - I am as well! I was around 240 1/1/11 and I'm below 180 now. I don't drink, I do smoke. I cut carbs down a LOT and just ate less. My room mate is a "Paleo Diet" guy, so I follow it somewhat, it's been VERY effective for me.

Eli

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    6'2" seems to be a pattern here - I am as well! I was around 240 1/1/11 and I'm below 180 now. I don't drink, I do smoke. I cut carbs down a LOT and just ate less. My room mate is a "Paleo Diet" guy, so I follow it somewhat, it's been VERY effective for me.

Eli
    I am 6'3",but I'm over 300 for the time being.Big Ben is closer to 7 feet(6'7"?)...we should feel miniscule,I know I did in HS,My Buddy Jeff was 7'4",and His Sis was 6'9"!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Patriot
    for christ's sake, would you all quit braggin'. here i am at a whopping 5'9". it pisses me off when my wife, who is probably 5'10" asks me if i want her to get something off the top shelf at stores. she does it just for fun.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buckshot85 View Post
    for christ's sake, would you all quit braggin'. here i am at a whopping 5'9". it pisses me off when my wife, who is probably 5'10" asks me if i want her to get something off the top shelf at stores. she does it just for fun.
    My Dad was 5'8",His Father was 5'3",and His Father was 5'1"!!!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post
    My Dad was 5'8",His Father was 5'3",and His Father was 5'1"!!!
    But the milk man was 6'8"
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Founding Member
    Carb are more of an issue than calories. All Diabetics need to work around carbs and not calories but the FDA has always pushed Calories. If you watch this show all the way through you may learn even more to help you as it discusses how your body breaks sugars down and more. I am happy to see you losing weight but bet if you cut all whites or carbs a bit more you will shoot down even faster.

This show by the way gets into the Liberals and how they have pushed agendas on us. Rick B

http://www.hulu.com/watch/196879/fat-head
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Rick B View Post
    Carb are more of an issue than calories. All Diabetics need to work around carbs and not calories but the FDA has always pushed Calories. If you watch this show all the way through you may learn even more to help you as it discusses how your body breaks sugars down and more. I am happy to see you losing weight but bet if you cut all whites or carbs a bit more you will shoot down even faster.

This show by the way gets into the Liberals and how they have pushed agendas on us. Rick B

http://www.hulu.com/watch/196879/fat-head

Rick, I know what you say to be true. I went down to 220lbs about 8 years ago and I had a starting point of 304lbs. I made that trip quickly and easily. Here's the rub with the carb focus, I do not find it easy to maintain the weight loss. I have a very limited list of items I like to eat.

I hate fish
    I hate chicken, unless it's KFC
    I hate anything that fly's or swims.

I do like shell fish
    I do like beef and pork

This leaves a very very narrow diet plan for me.

I can get the weight off on Suzzane Somers or Atkins, really the same thing, but I can't keep it off because I get bored with my menu.

Carb counting allows me to eat bread (even white bread), yogurt, chocolate cake, pasta, anything I want. My hope is that when I really learn the number of calories I'm consuming, and I have a broad number of entree's to choose from, I can keep the weight off.