Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally bought one

Finally bought one

Years ago when I thought about buying a rifle I was debating between and M4-type rifle and a Garand. Two retired Marine friends convinced me to go for the Garand and that's what started my entire collection. Now, after a safe full of Garands and Carbines, I finally decided to get a black rifle. I just sent my payment in for a Daniel Defense V2 carbine and should have it in a few weeks and I'm giddy like a school girl. I'll post pics here when it arrives. And since somebody here showed me the "ammo engine" website, I know just where to go to find cheap ammo for it. Thanks for helping with a new sickness!

There are some good deals on 5.56 out there now. I picked up several 1000 rd cases of xm193 for $300.00 delivered awhile back.
    I never cared for Wolff, dirty and inaccurate
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Wolf is also wimpy. Much better kaboom with Federal. You'll be reloading before you know it as those black rifles just gobble up the ammo!

I've thought about getting into reloading over the years. I figure I'd just accidentally blow up a gun. If prices keep going up I'll probably be forced to do it though.

Reloading is not hard to do if you follow the loads in a current reloading manual and dont get distracted while charging cases , you wont blow up a gun. The thing that may bite you is no powder in a case and that will cause problems.
    Mack

ah yes, Evil Black Rifles........I have a soft spot in my heart for them.
    you will love it, they are great fun.

The Daniel Defense AR's are VERY nice. You will love it.

Thanks guys.

Anyone else have a semi-flaky FFL? I was supposed to pick up my rifle tonight, but I guess they decided they are busy Their business is right next to their house but instead of them being more available I find it even harder to track them down. And yes, I am being an impatient crybaby. Tomorrow's the day!

It sucks waiting for a new gun. We get like kids on Christmas morning...lol I look forward to reading you review.
    Cheers
    "You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass." - Trooper M. Padgett

That's some flaky stuff.