Thread: Wish me luck!

Wish me luck!

After three crappy performances by the CMP I decided to roll the dice again and buy a M14 Grade A kit. The three previous failures were with rifles and no "Sticky Note". Maybe it being parts and with a "Sticky Note" I'll actually get something decent shipped from the CMP to my house.

I asked for a kit with HRA parts, to match the barrel I have, and a wood sotck. I'm envisioning rusty piles of shit and a splintered-to-toothpicks and used for firewood stock.

We'll see. Anyone know what the shipping times on these kits have been?

Now to find a HRA bolt (stripped or complete)
    !

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    After three crappy performances by the CMP I decided to roll the dice again and buy a M14 Grade A kit. The three previous failures were with rifles and no "Sticky Note". Maybe it being parts and with a "Sticky Note" I'll actually get something decent shipped from the CMP to my house.

I asked for a kit with HRA parts, to match the barrel I have, and a wood sotck. I'm envisioning rusty piles of shit and a splintered-to-toothpicks and used for firewood stock.

We'll see. Anyone know what the shipping times on these kits have been?

Now to find a HRA bolt (stripped or complete)
    Dan,
    My last kit took about a week to get to Me after CC charge.Out of My A kit and B I got 1 all HRA,except it had a Big birch Winchester stock that besides being dirty,only had light scratches,and the other had a Winchester Op rod and HRA trigger group w/a Fiberglass stock that has seen a lot of sandpaper and files.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Founding Member
    I saw that post on the CMP forum.

Good luck! Which receiver are you going to get?

Dan... I think you'll get a nice one.. (I'll hope for you.)
    I got a great one, mostly HRA with some TRW. THe original idea was to make an ALL USGI build with an LRB receiver, but the plans changed as projects do... it is now going to be a heavy-Krieger barreled, REAR lugged LRB, with a McMillan M1A bedded stock and all the USGI NM upgrades. ouch $$. Some of the USGI standard parts ended up on my Poly...
    I hope you get a great one too!!
    Mike B
    "When it's time to shoot, SHOOT, don't talk!" -- Tuco