Thread: My new toy

Junior Cadet

My new toy

SO after a few calls and emails with Tim, i drove down yesterday to fetch my new toy

and i couldn't be happier thanks Tim

Mini g 308 with ultimax rail and smith break

We need pictures, PICTURES dam you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Mike

Junior Cadet
    maybe i will since I added a micro aimpoint on it as well what a match made in heaven im lucky to have Tim about 45 minutes from my house

Does it co-witness? I have the Amega ranges and it is rather high. I got it cheap on GB, don't know if i would have bought it at full price.

Mike

How does the rail attach?
    Bill

Junior Cadet
    Yes its a lower 1/3 cowitness

Tim the showed the toy off to some friends today the guys from M-1 for vets were tickled

M1 for vets were tickled? They have guys? I was under the impression that that was kind of a 1 man show? Regardless, have fun and find critters to kill.

Bill, the ultimak attaches just like the amega EXCEPT that the rings under the mount are not spring steel AND there are only two rings to secure the mount. Both rings look kind of like 1/2 a scope ring. They must be milled down to about half their thickness and the oprod must be milled down to put a flat on the bottom. Between the two flats, it works.

Here's the amega mount install and you can see how tight this is. The Ultimak is tighter
    Photobucket

"Have you fired a G lately?"
    I have fired both my G's in the last week. A thirty round mag in the G/M14 and four eight round mags in the G/Laminate. As expected both operated without a problem and both are more accurate than I am a shooter. If I'm at the gun club shooting with a G it never gets put down it goes from admirer to admirer with everyone wanting to shoot it, which I don't mind. The G is a lot of fun to shoot, easy to carry in the field and with fragmenting ammo good for things that go bump in the night around the house.
    Bill