Thread: Gravy Train is slowing a bit...

Gravy Train is slowing a bit...

It has been a fun ride,...I'm sure as the corrects sell out and the specials do, so to will the Service Grades as options diminish.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=71321

Chief Operating Officer

we have sold out. As we go through and inspect rifles we have in inventory we may find more. If we do, we will accumulate them until we have a few hundred and then put them up for sale again. Over the past few months we have found very few.

Less than 100 HRA correct remaining and then they will be listed as sold out. Same story - the rifles we are now working are not grading out as correct.

Best guess is that in a few months, all the Service grade specials will also be gone.

Founding Member
    But, it's not fair... I didn't have the money to buy several when they were available. The CMP should have put limits so everyone could get the chance to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    But, it's not fair... I didn't have the money to buy several when they were available. The CMP should have put limits so everyone could get the chance to buy one.
    Just think what it will be like when CMP puts the IHC's up for sale. Get the popcorn and enjoy the show.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    Why would the CMP need to apply limits, when some have self-imposed limits due to personal income?

I'm not a wealthy man, and I could never blame my neighbor for having more money than me, and more guns. Actually those that will EVENTUALLY complain for real, should realize that a guy with 1 or 2 rifles that he has spent all his time shooting will be a better marksman and custodian in the long run. He/she will actually appreciate the one rifle for its strengths and weaknesses.

A collector with several dozen will never have that connection to ALL the rifles.

That's nothing!! I don't know if you guys were around the last time they ran out of SG's, the whining was unreal. There was one entitled fellow from NJ who whined so loud I heard it here in NC. I bet the SC guys heard it too. Remember when they were pulling stock from the stores to fill mail-orders prior to the 2k8 election? I can't tell you how many people were crawling out of their skin they were so mad.

Just wait, if the cycle goes around again I think we'll see a new environmental phenomenon we can call perma-whine and you'll see "Occupiers" at the HS and SS.
    !

Will a Perma-Whine be anything like the Bloop?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloop

Yes. The only difference is that Bloop has no known source. Perma-Whine came from a large contingent of CMP customers.
    !

There was a time you were allowed only One Garand for you lifetime,And the wait was over a year to get it.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

[There was a time you were allowed only One Garand for you lifetime,And the wait was over a year to get it.]

More like 18-20 months. You were allowed no choice as to what you got. Basically you got what you got and were damn glad to get it no matter what it was. Ask me why I know this. It's the second from the top and yes, I still have it.
    Jon

DCM and the CMP are different organizations, but I know what you mean about the wait.

I had never purchased from the DCM. I was quite surprised by the 5,000 Correct Grade estimate given by the Old Man,...I thought it would be more.