Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Folding stock

Folding stock

I really like the look of the mini-g with the folding stock in the picture from the article posted on Tim's homepage.

Is that an expensive option or is it commercially available? I'm thinking of adding that to my mini-g build list when the time comes to send Tim my rifle.

I believe the picture you're looking at is comparing the length of a miniG with an M1 Carbine in a para trooper folding stock.
    The only folding stocks which I think will fit the miniG's is like the one on my favorite MiniG which is from a BM59. I've attached a photograph to give you some idea. Should you decide on a folder I have one to sell.
    Bill

Thanks Bill.

Now that I look at it, I see the difference. I don't know much of anything about a BM59. I like the stock in the picture. Is that similiar to the one you have to sell?

Does it drop in like a garand stock or do you have to work it?

I'm in no hurry, I've got plenty (PLENTY) more time stuck on this rust bucket.

No rework needed for a normal MiniG. I think Tim might have had to do some work on the stock in my picture due to it have the M14 magazine option.
    Bill

The stock I want to get folks is the one in my signature line. I think I'm dreaming.

I don't know much about poly filled glass, but I've worked with carbon fiber before on the aircraft. There has to be someone that can make a mold that you want and then the stock from the mold.

If there was a good mold, a wet vacuum bagged layup could be done with composite, so I don't see why it can't be done with glass. The trick would be the finishing work.

Of course, a 5 axis CNC machine would be nice, then we'd all have sweet gun parts laying around.

Personally, I prefer the wood

Ok, so I've looked at BM59 folders. I'm not paying 750 or 900 bucks for a stock. Call me crazy, but I'd rather have another gun or two for that kind of cabbage.

So, what's the difference between the BM59 folder wood and the wood of a regular garand stock? From afar, it looks as though they're the same. I'm thinking of making my own repro stock. Pretty handy in the garage and with metal. I'm thinking I can find very similiar folding pieces from other sources.

Thoughts?

I am in the process of doing something like in the photo. I am using a Remington 870 stock adapter. You may be able to do this and add something like an Ace folding mechinism don't see why it would not work.

Mike

Attachment 72

Have you guys looked at these? Definitely not my cup of tea, but M4 stocks seem to show up on everything now.
    http://www.sageinternationalltd.com/si/access/ebr.html

I'm not sure of the front heat shield is attached, but it could probably be removed to wrk on a mini-G.
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Tim the stock in the pic looks like a Tapco stock . I assume you have contacted them ?
    M1CC #328