Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: thoughts on this poss trade? seeking guidence from the garand gods

the 6-digit receiver is easy to come by. the value is in the barrel. if the barrel is good, don't hesitate.

If you decided later to sell the garand you shouldn't have any trouble getting $750.00 or more out of it.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

prince. the pad is not chromed he sent a pic, stock has no markings on it except for a painted rack number, he said barrel was awesome grooves ive seen the boyt 42 slings going for around 200.00 alone on fleabay

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tpatch View Post
    prince. the pad is not chromed he sent a pic, stock has no markings on it except for a painted rack number, he said barrel was awesome grooves ive seen the boyt 42 slings going for around 200.00 alone on fleabay
    With that info,I'd say definitely.barrel and sling could almost cover what You have in Yours.
    Ryan
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

to ask a dumb question whats the def if it has a chrome pad or not?

Quote Originally Posted by tpatch View Post
    to ask a dumb question whats the def if it has a chrome pad or not?
    do You mean what is a chromed pad,or what the price difference is?
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

yes sir... i only have 650 in the 27... seen them from 800 to 1000.00 was looking at getting a cmp field grade but it wouldnt have a correct lockbar set, orig barrel or correct dated 42 boyt sling what would the def in price iff chromed pad i know this one is not chromed dose this mean its a orig barrel?
    Last edited by tpatch; 04-23-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Barrels that are un chromed have a better chance of being original,as after the War any rifles being rebuilt and some replacement barrels were chromed,that is why it is more rare to find unchromed.Even if it was replaced during the War,it was early enough to get old style.I can't give You a price difference,but it is considerable.
    Ryan

thanks prince.... REALLY leaning towards doing the trade... guy said it was bought from a guy on cmp board along time ago he has several garands and always wanted a 27 snubby, i think with the serial number ending in 911 kinds cool... date correct unchromed barrel pad, date correct sling still useable its worth at least 650.00 i have in the 27?

I would think the lock bar sight would boost it's value, also.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"