Thread: Bm59

Bm59

Can someone point me to a good site to read about the BM59?

I googled, but the bandwith here on the boat is like sharing 1994 dialup with 2500 of your closest friends.

I really like the look of a BM59 folding stock on a mini-g, but damn they're expensive. Is there anyone making repro's or do you have to find an original?

I hate the collapsable stock stuff on my issued M4, otherwise I'd be on the black stock bandwagon.

Man redheep, I wish I could help you but I don't have a good resource for that. If Mike Baker reads this, he'd have one.

If anyone can help, Mike Baker can. A great guy to deal with also.

I am here .
    How can I help ?
    Reese Surplus was making some repro stocks using some original BM59 parts for both the M1A and the BM59/M1 Garand. They are unfortunately out of business. A repro stock might need some minor inletting work on the wood for the folder to fit correctly,but I am sure Tim Shufflin or someone who has a Mini G in a folder can elaborate on this further,so I will defer to them. I know a standard Garand will not fit as is in a BM59 folder will out some fitting.As to the pricing , I sold 3 Reese folders to a few members here for either $200 or $250 ea if I remember correctly ?It was a good price I know, but we are all like family here.Current prices of the Reese stocks are $300 and up. Originals with the triangle bracing sell for $500 and up.
    There is a guy in Doylestown,PA that sells BM59 parts on gunbroker, he does have the Original folding stocks available,as does Northridge.
    You might also check with Greg at standardpartsLLC, he may have something in the works . He has made a few BM59 parts available like the BM62/69 gascylinder without the splindle valve and grenade launcher at a very reasonable price point.
    The single best source for information on the BM59 is at www.machinegunbooks.com in the BM59 section.
    If there is something specific that you would like to know feel free to email me at: [email protected] and I will help in any way I can.
    M1CC #328

Northridge has BM59 folders Only $695.99
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

I might know about a Reese commercial BM59 folder. It's the same as in the Mini G picture, 1 leg on the folder instead of the Beretta triangle. I'll see what I can find out and get back to you if you want.

Eli

I'd be interested Eli, if my enlisted man's budget can afford it

What friggin boat are you on Heep?
    Photobucket

"Opinions are like a$$holes. Everybody has one and everyone else's stinks."

Cal30M1 , Garbageman Supreme