Thread: Finally decided to suppress my Mini G

Junior Cadet

Finally decided to suppress my Mini G

As the title says I finally bit the bullet and decided to suppress my Mini G. I am using my Silencerco Saker 7.62 suppressor with the Saker Trifecta muzzle break. I had to get a muzzle shim kit to correctly time the muzzle break but you have to do this with most regular thread on breaks anyway. I am also using a Gas Cylinder Thread Adapter in 5/8 x 24 thread from Fulton Armory part# FA-G-109.

I have been shooting my M1A suppressed for quite awhile now so it was only natural to go to the next step and suppress the Mini G. I can't wait to get some hunting in with it this year. Finding the Fulton Armory adapter and not having to have an adapter custom made, overcame the last obstacle keeping me from pushing foward.

I know there has been discussions on this before in the past on suppressing a Mini G. I don't know if anyone else has done this yet. The Fulton Armory Adapter will make it easier for anybody wanting to go this route. Please check to make sure you have proper alignment of your adapter and suppressor to the bore of the barrel. Also make sure your Schuster Valve is backed all the way out and start adjusting from there. Basically you are setting your minimum gas pressure needed to cycle the Mini G just like Tim does when he shoots a Mini G for the first time. I know pretty much everyone knows to do this but just making sure if there is someone who didn't know and thinking about going this route.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Greg; 06-02-2017 at 07:11 AM.

Greg, you are only the second person I know of who has done this, sweet. Thank you very much for emphasizing to back out the Schuster for gassing off. I am anxious to hear how this suppressor handled noise for you.

Junior Cadet
    Tim,
    The Saker 7.62 is a very high quality Suppressor. It is designed to be the middle of the road as far as size and sound suppression. There are quieter suppressor's but those suppressor's are a lot bigger. The suppressor you get will decide how much of a reduction in db's you get. You will have the sonic crack of the round since .30-06 is supersonic. Overall for me using the Saker 7.62 I can shoot without hearing protection comfortably. The people around me when shooting suppressed also aren't bothered with the noise level. I still don't have a problem with blow back. I know that some people do but for me it just isn't a big issue and it doesn't bother me. I do always wear glasses when shooting so that probably also helps. Overall shooting with a suppressor is a lot more enjoyable. I do have some hearing damage from the Military. Protecting the hearing I have left is key to me.

My Mini G with the Saker muzzle break is 39" long. With the Saker Suppressor installed it is 45" long. My full sized Garand with the T37 flash hider is basically the same size as the Mini G with the Saker Suppressor installed.
    Last edited by Greg; 06-02-2017 at 07:50 AM.

Very nice. It is my understanding that the Schuster may help with gas blowback.