Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your preferred Cocealed Carry Weapon?

What is your preferred Cocealed Carry Weapon?

Something like this or gernades would be cool, but I don't think ATF will ever go for it, so those of you that carry concealed, what do you carry?
    I've had a CCW License for about 10 years now and I've carried several different weapons. Started out with a Colt Commander 1911, then I had a S&W 4586, from there I went to a Glock Model 36. All these weapons were just too bulky, for how I carry, so I then bought a Colt Mustang .380. The 'lil 380's are great for carrying , but I wanted more stopping power. Next was a S&W 442 38 Spc. Now this was a great CC pistol. Airweight 15 oz handgun which can be carried in your pocket, yet I wanted more knockdown. So I tried one of those .357 mags in the ultra lightweight. It was like slamming your hand in a car door when fired, so still wanting 357 power I traded my S&W 442 for a Ruger SP 101 in 357 mag. I still carry the Ruger, but only while wearing jeans. It's too heavy for my "duty pants" so I bought a Ruger LCP for my duty carry. During our first Obama "gun run" my Fire Chief wanted a LCP but couldn't find one anywhere, so not being thrilled about a 380's knock down power I sold him my LCP. I ended up buying another S&W airweight, this time a model 642. Same pistol as the 442, just silver rather than black. I love the 45 acp's and many people I know carry them, but I prefer sticking to the K.I.S.S. principle when carrying for self defense. I believe if a person is going to carry they should have a SOLID understanding of their weapon. I also believe they should be proficient in it's use, in order to hit their target and not just spray rounds into possible bystanders. Hence practice is required and while I probably practice MUCH more often than many of my friends, I know I still don't burn enough powder yearly! I've asked some of my auto carrying friends about Phase I and Phase II malfuctions and the only answer I received was a blank stare, many of these guys don't even carry a second mag. So I choose to carry a revolver because "Keep It Simple Stupid" when I pull the trigger it will fire untill the cylinder is empty, and if and when I ever need it, "tap rack back into the fight, or tap rack, take cover dump magazine, rack back into the fight" is probably just too much for my simple 'lil Okie mind to keep up with!
    Yet for grin and giggles I just ordered a Para Ordnance Slim Hawg, in 45 acp. I won't carry it often, but I love 1911 style pistols and it is the smallest 45 acp package I've seen.
    So what do you guys like and why? Thomas a.k.a. The Hoser
    Have you ever heard anyone complain about having ammo left over after a gunfight?"

Patriot
    Ruger LCR-.38+p 5-shot hammerless and very lightweight. no need for large cap mags. in talking with some local and big city LEOs, most civilian shootings involve very few rounds fired and most of those do not hit the intended target. i love my .45 but it just isn't practical to me. i believe that if you need more than 5 or 6 rounds to protect yourself, you probably ought not be where your at in the first place. just my .02

I gave a 9MM some thought but I feel more comfortable with the knockdown of the 45
    I looked at alot of handguns but decided on the Dan Wesson CCO 45
    Commander Slide on a Officer size Aluminum Frame, dual colored Tritium night sights
    Hand fit 70 series frame and slide , hand fit match barrel, hand fit match grade components, no MIM parts, lowered and flared ejection port ,beveled magazine well, hand polished flats
    I can carry it all day and actually forget its there. Milt Sparks Summer Special IWB holster

Last edited by Orlando; 05-06-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot85 View Post
    I believe that if you need more than 5 or 6 rounds to protect yourself, you probably ought not be where your at in the first place. just my .02
    I wish you would rethink this, assaults , murders, etc dont just happen in bad areas anymore.
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    I wish you would rethink this, assaults , murders, etc dont just happen in bad areas anymore.
    i get that O. but, that fact that i choose to carry over those that do not, says that i choose not to be a victim. it is all personal preferance. i believe that 5 rounds are enough for me. some think they need a truck load and that is o.k. for them.

Springfield Ultra compact V10 .45acp.
    In a Galco jackass rig.Nice and comfy,Sometimes I forget it's thier.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Junior Cadet
    I carry a mouse gun when unable to carry a larger firearm, but carrying anything outside of a pocket pistol can be a PITA during a Texas summer.

Depending on attire...
    G27 (most of the time)
    Kimber Pro CDP
    Kel Tec P3AT

Other than the pocket holster wearing Kel Tec, all of my holsters are Comp Tac

Warm weather, Glock 30. Cool weather, RIA 1911. Assuming someday IL gets CCW.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

Beautiful weapon "O", I love the 1911's, can hardly wait for my slim hawg's arrival!
    Have you ever heard anyone complain about having ammo left over after a gunfight?"

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    I just carry a picture of Chuck Norris...
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)