Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your preferred Cocealed Carry Weapon?

Well guys, I received my Para Ordnance "Slim Hawg". First off I hated the "fiber optic" front sight. I'm a clumsy B$#@H! So I knew I'd break it and then find myself NEEDING a self defense gun with NO front sight! So I ditched the sights and put Trijicon Night sights on it. Then the "bling" side of me ordered some wooden grips

Photobucket

This handgun shoots really well! So far 150rds without any FTF. That being with self defense hollow point ammo as well as FMJ!

So I've done a 'lil reloading.......
    Photobucketlike 1500 rds worth!

Now I'm going to get out and practice some!
    Have you ever heard anyone complain about having ammo left over after a gunfight?"

War Room Ready
    I've tried numerous guns over the years a long time ago but always went back to a 1911. Its what I was weened on, was my first handgun buy when I turned 21 and the platform is what I'm most comfortable with. The one I carry is a Kimber CDPII compact, which is a 4" barrel with the shorter grip. The only time I switch off is when its real hot out and I'm in shorts and T-shirt. Then I carry a Keltec PF9 in my pocket. It's not much bigger than the small 380's but is a 9mm instead. I've shot the crap out of this thing to get used to the trigger. Despite being what some call a "cheap" or "throw away" gun, it has never had a single hiccup no matter what I feed it as long as its jackted bullets of any type. I did try some lead reloads someone gave me and those sucked and did'nt cycle well. Gave it a good cleaning and went back to jacketed stuff and its still ticking. It is not a long range affair at all, I practice at room distances and would'nt present it for anything further than that unless I had time to find cover and a rest, at which point you better have a damn good reason to fire anyway. I've been looking at some of the "other" pocket nines but I have yet to find one as small as the PF9 that carries in my pocket like a wallet. The Kimber Solo and Kahr offerings are nice but still are not as compact, and cost 3 times as much. I also have several 380's but don't carry them much anymore since I got used to the PF9 trigger, and believe me, that took a lot of practice.
    As far as home defense, my carry Kimber is the "quick grab" but I also keep a 12 ga ready to go as well.

Junior Cadet
    Colt SF-VI .38 Special Winchester 125gr +P pocket holster;
    Colt Commander LW .45 ACP Winchester 230 JHP or FMJ Bianchi IWB.
    Minimum of one reload each (7 round mag or 6 round speed loader).
    Last edited by sgtrock; 07-19-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Cadet
    Sig 226 .40, a S&W Chief Special .38, and a 1943 Remington .45 ACP.... and anything else I want! And those ARE pure Ivory grips.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by andykev; 07-20-2012 at 02:04 AM.

Glock 33 in .357 Sig. An unpleasant gun to shoot, but an even more unpleasant gun to get shot by!

Compact Baby Eagle, poly, 9mm, 12+1. Very accurate, controllable w/ +p 124g., light weight, reliable.

For deep concealment, its a Kahr PM9.

image_6087.jpg
    XYZ-123

Junior Cadet
    In warm weather I carry a Sig P250 sub compact. It's a good size weapon for how I carry, and the weight is good for in the waist band. 9MM is o.k. for stopping power with the right type of ammo. In the winter I still Like my RIA 1911 Tactical. Nothing beets a .45! I carry that in a shoulder rig. Still can carry it all day.

I live in Maryland. What's a Concealed Carry Weapon? Remember when Martin O'Malley runs for President in 2016. He is a hyper progressive 24 carrat asshole.

Cadet
    Springfield XDM45 or for the summer half of the year in Texas my pocket rocket S&W Bodyguard .380. The Bodyguard in a pocket holster or Versa Carry is easily concealable in shorts & t-shirt on my 5'7" 150# frame. The XDM needs jeans or baggy shorts and a bulky shirt.

Usually a Glock 22 or S&W M&P 40, since that's what work issued, it's usually available without going to the safe, and they're the guns I've shot the most with.

That being said, I still prefer a J or K frame Smith. I'll carry a Model 19 when I'm wearing the clothes to hide it, or a Model 640 in .357 in a front pocket holster. I don't need 50 rounds on my person when I'm out running errands, 5 or 6 is plenty, with a handful of loose rounds in the off side pocket.