Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I finally used My lamp!

Use the outside of the helmet to form a reverse fiberglass mold, then glass the inside with enough layers to make it sturdy.

A Gadsden flag shade?

Brodie helmet? Lookin good Hump.
    Photobucket

"Opinions are like a$$holes. Everybody has one and everyone else's stinks."

Cal30M1 , Garbageman Supreme

Looks great, Ryan!

Now, I'm just thinking out loud with this idea for a lampshade, and it might end up weighing too much, and look completely ridiculous, but......

Make a lampshade form out of fine-mesh chicken wire, then cover that in aluminum foil, at least two layers. Take a few old worn, junk M2 Ball bandoleers (assuming they cotton, are completely useless, and were heading for the dumpster anyway, of course), attach them around the outside of the form, then baste it all with fiberglass resin. However much it takes to completely soak them. When it dries, peel off the wire and foil. If you have to, hit the inside with more resin, if it didn't completely penetrate.

Voila', one authentic bandoleer lamp shade!

That probably sounds quite stupid, but I think it would look cool.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M1orNone View Post
    Looks great, Ryan!

Now, I'm just thinking out loud with this idea for a lampshade, and it might end up weighing too much, and look completely ridiculous, but......

Make a lampshade form out of fine-mesh chicken wire, then cover that in aluminum foil, at least two layers. Take a few old worn, junk M2 Ball bandoleers (assuming they cotton, are completely useless, and were heading for the dumpster anyway, of course), attach them around the outside of the form, then baste it all with fiberglass resin. However much it takes to completely soak them. When it dries, peel off the wire and foil. If you have to, hit the inside with more resin, if it didn't completely penetrate.

Voila', one authentic bandoleer lamp shade!

That probably sounds quite stupid, but I think it would look cool.
    That sounds kinda neat!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

For the helmet shaped lampshade. Make the helmet out of stained glass, like Tiffany lamps. Maybe you can use camo colors for the glass.
    Another idea is a clear or slightly tinted USGI green fiberglass helmet/lampshade with a web netting over helmet.
    A third idea is to get a plain white ordinary lampshade and stencil/paint silhouettes of garand, bayonets, etc on the lampshade.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112