Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead Beats

Angry Dead Beats

Well it was going to happen sooner or latter.

For some reason the club has been expierencing a number of bounced checks. Each check that bounces cost the club $10.00 in bank fees.

BT members and addition to the regular guys on the CMP forum have had 100% of their checks go through.

Effective immediately, there will be a $25.00 bounced check fee in addition to the regular membership fee.

I know times are hard, but!!!

Additionally, the name of the dead beat will be posted on the forum(s), reported to the CMP, Placed on the clubs website and reported to the law enforcement office in their area.

The next rant might have to move to the WAR ROOM.
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin

Gotta tell you, I've been blessed in this regard. Sorry to hear that a few issues came up Gunner.

Tim, it's not luck, it's the fact you probably know 95% of your customers. We know that you have all our phone numbers, where we live and work. We also know you wouldn't hesitate to send Sean to collect the debt!
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
    Tim, it's not luck, it's the fact you probably know 95% of your customers. We know that you have all our phone numbers, where we live and work. We also know you wouldn't hesitate to send Sean to collect the debt!
    Bill

I'll tell you Bill, four years and I had problems with one check but I heard from the customer before I knew I had a problem. It was a completely innocent thing he had happen and it was fixed right away. The only real problem I've had is with Gpal and two vendors from Ohio. My customers are models of great men.

Sean??? Oh, that'll do it.

I have a better idea Charlie. Auction off their membership numbers. I bet some people will pay a premium to be member number 101, etc.
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

Quote Originally Posted by dogboysdad View Post
    Sean??? Oh, that'll do it.

I have a better idea Charlie. Auction off their membership numbers. I bet some people will pay a premium to be member number 101, etc.
    Thats an idea.

Tim U had to mention Gpal.

I had just ordered 1000 new applications for the CMP stores that included the Gpal logo only to find out about all of the complaints.

Funny thing is that several of the checks returned showed the persons accounts were closed.

I must admit that a vast majority of the people joining present no problems.
    Good riddance GPal
    GPal.
    Last edited by MH53GUNNER; 05-10-2011 at 08:08 AM.
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by MH53GUNNER View Post
    Well it was going to happen sooner or latter.

For some reason the club has been expierencing a number of bounced checks. Each check that bounces cost the club $10.00 in bank fees.

BT members and addition to the regular guys on the CMP forum have had 100% of their checks go through.

Effective immediately, there will be a $25.00 bounced check fee in addition to the regular membership fee.

I know times are hard, but!!!

Additionally, the name of the dead beat will be posted on the forum(s), reported to the CMP, Placed on the clubs website and reported to the law enforcement office in their area.

The next rant might have to move to the WAR ROOM.
    Get some legal advice before posting names and so on! I would love to read the names of deadbeats and so on but I'd rather you, and the club, stay out of legal trouble. If the check issuer knowingly wrote a check on a closed account I believe that to be a felony in most states.

The bigger question is why would someone, who is obciously having money troubles, be bothering with buying anything firearms related? You'd think at that point they'd have more important things to be spending their money on. My only answer is this would be a spending habit of a democrat...
    !

Hell even I could swing $14. Geez!
    Photobucket

"Opinions are like a$$holes. Everybody has one and everyone else's stinks."

Cal30M1 , Garbageman Supreme

Junior Cadet
    I only pay with either debit or credit cards, unless of course they don't accept plastic then I pay with a money order. Just to help keep those problems from happening.

ETA: sorry I just realized the date of the last post
    Last edited by Mountain_man; 05-24-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_man View Post
    I only pay with either debit or credit cards, unless of course they don't accept plastic then I pay with a money order. Just to help keep those problems from happening.

ETA: sorry I just realized the date of the last post
    Still a relevant response no matter how old the thread. And welcome aboard Bro.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau