Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I now have Mosinitis

I now have Mosinitis

Bought a 1937 Tula MN 91/30 today. It was too good to pass up and only cost $99.98. I can't get any M1's that cheap, besides, they're ugly as sin, shoot well, and I won't break the bank buying them. This gives me an Izhevsk and a Tula. All I need now is one with a hex receiver and I'll be a happy camper. Because of the draconian (read that as fooking ridiculous) laws here in the PRK I can't bring it home until the 6th of June so there are no pictures to prove it happened but I promise I'll get them up when it comes home to roost.
    Jon
    Last edited by musketjon; 05-28-2012 at 07:22 PM.

VitSports6
    Cool, Congrats!
    I have a '43 Izhevsk 91/30 and a '44 Tula M44, I would like a Hex receiver as well, Condolences on the wait...

I infected my boys about 5 years ago. Made them all buy M38s. We have an annual shoot at the cabin to see who is "TOP SHOT". follow link to some pics from this year

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w...012/?start=all

I have Stan's 91/30 PU here at my house. I'm gunsitting it. It's nice in an ugly way.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Nothing like the thunderclap and fireball from an M44 just before dusk.
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

Quote Originally Posted by dogboysdad View Post
    I have one of those here also. That is the most obnoxious gun I ever fired. The Russians tried to obnoxious the Germans in their effort to win the war.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Oh yeah! Well I see your m44, and raise you a Mitchell's Mauser M63 in 8mm shooting 1942 surplus turk..

Quote Originally Posted by dogboysdad View Post
    Last edited by axemurderer; 06-14-2012 at 07:26 PM.
    Staten Island German Martial Arts (S.I.G.M.A.)
    http://www.sigmanewyork.webs.com/

Time to feed the pigs!!!!!!

The sword of time will pierce our skins
    It doesn't hurt when it begins
    But as it works its way on in
    The pain grows stronger...watch it grin.

Junior Cadet
    I have a '40 and a '43 tula 91/30, the '40 is in rather nice shape but the '43 looks like the Russian's dug out of a farmers field and refurbished it, still shoots good needs a new ejector though. Welcome to the disease

I have a 1934 and a '36 Tula, both hexes. I've only shot the '34 so far, made a nice little group, the only problem is that it was a foot and a half off to the right! Upon closer inspection I did find that the front sight was a little tweaked.
    In God we trust, all others pay cash.

and that's how I got started. I've scrounged up a 1917 remington, westinghouse, a 98 tula, ishvesk, Sestroretsk,Chatterault, and a 39 sneak finn.