Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I now have Mosinitis

I just bought a 1928 Izhevsk hex last night. "Hi. My name is Jon. I have Mosinitis".

Does my SVT40 count?
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

Junior Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by axemurderer View Post
    Oh yeah! Well I see your m44, and raise you a Mitchell's Mauser T63 in 8mm shooting 1942 surplus turk..

I'll second this, the most obnoxious thing about my m63 is the absurdly large import mark on the receiver. Unlike the minimalist marks sometimes put on the barrels and such, Mitchell's saw fit to emblazon mine with a mark that could be towed behind an airplane at the beach announcing strippers at the mall. It's fricking huge!

Now I have 4. A 1943 Izzy, a 1937 Tula, A 1928 Izzy hex and my buddy gave me an M39 last night--1896 Tula hex w/Sako wood and barrel. I promise I'll get pics up because it DID happen. I just can't pick up the '28 Izzy until next week--PRK rules, ya know? I'll photo them all together in one cluster-shot.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by musketjon View Post
    Now I have 4. A 1943 Izzy, a 1937 Tula, A 1928 Izzy hex and my buddy gave me an M39 last night--1896 Tula hex w/Sako wood and barrel. I promise I'll get pics up because it DID happen. I just can't pick up the '28 Izzy until next week--PRK rules, ya know? I'll photo them all together in one cluster-shot.
    Jon

I've got about 15 of them. 5 are M39s. those are by FAR my favorites

I sold one of my Garands and had enough money to buy 144 Mosin Nagants and 2000 round of corrosive ammo.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    I sold one of my Garands and had enough money to buy 144 Mosin Nagants and 2000 round of corrosive ammo.

still true of the 91/30s and M44s but M38s got expensive (for a mosin, anyway) and have you priced good condition M39s lately? holy crap!

Stan shooting his 91/30 PU. Gun is accurate.

When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Patriot
    I know nothing about these rifles.

Can someone recommend some of the better internet sites that deal with them?

Thanks

Also, it was unintentional, but every time I read my first sentence, I can't help but do it with a Sergeant Schultz accent!

Quote Originally Posted by REHRIFLE View Post
    I know nothing about these rifles.

Can someone recommend some of the better internet sites that deal with them?

Thanks

Also, it was unintentional, but every time I read my first sentence, I can't help but do it with a Sergeant Schultz accent!
    Good place to start. http://7.62x54r.net/