Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update on the Mrs.....

Update on the Mrs.....

There's been a couple developments with my wife. She had an appt scheduled for the 17th. Monday morning about 1am I woke up to find her sitting straight up in bed in tears. She told me she couldn't breathe. Took her to the ER and told the Doc what was going on, showed him the X ray report that diagnosed her with emphysema. He looked at it, and asked her if she smoked. The answer was no. He checked her out and said, "I don't think you have to worry about emphysema. This just looks like severe allergies to me." He said what they saw could be any number of things and he thinks the report was "over-read". The Doc has a stellar reputation from what I hear. He gave her two different cortisone shots, and a really cashy nasal spray. She's been in pretty good shape since then. Needless to say, she called and dumped her old Doc, and she'll be seeing a new one in a week or so.

Not out of the woods, but it's sure looking a heckuva lot better than last week. Thanks for your prayers and thoughts guys. We appreciate them,and you.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

Howie, I'm so glad to hear the better news sir. I did hit my knees to say a prayer for you two and I even said some kind things about you.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Steve,We have nightly prayers,and My daughters always add"Steve's wife".I pray that this is True,as it is Great news!
    Ryan
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Shuff, you crack me up! Thanks for hitting your knees for my wife's sake, and Ryan, you keep raising those little girls that way. You won't go wrong. Thank you both, and Ryan, I hope your Dad recovers. We'll be praying for him, as well.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

Good news Howie!
    !

Howie, That's good news. Now we just have to pray she is not allergic to gunpowder, hoppes, BLO garands, etc
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Howie,

I'm so glad to hear that the first doc was wrong. Sure hope she gets to feeling better.

-wg

Howie, GREAT news for sure.
    Last edited by rlelvis; 05-10-2011 at 09:11 PM.
    "Elk don't know how many feet a horse has!"

Good to hear howie, it is the time for allergies. Will keep all in our thoughts.
    In God we trust, all others pay cash.

Howie
    Good news! Glad you found the 2nd Doc.
    Tom