Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your government and union employees photo's here

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    Anyone has the potential to be a hero... it's all in how you choose to act and what you do after the fact.

Actually, no. In this day and age the GIANT marketing train of both federal and local governments has made it a requirement that you be a government employee to be a "hero". I am so offended by this marketing that it is stuck in my crawl.

-government employment positions should be made made as a last resort and not for a jobs program.
    -government employee creation should be done with the utmost in care, anyone care to guess when the last time the federal government shrank its numbers of employees? Obama has added 180,000 hero's in the last three years!
    -government employment should not be called "servant" or "in the service", we all know that it us in the private sector that are stuck doing the serving and paying for these employment positions. Policemen telling free people how we should talk to them, elected officials wanting exceptions on how the rule of law applies to them, the pyramid is upside down.

Right now my definition of a "Hero" is any poor slob doing the working, paying, and slaving to pay for all these government employment positions. These poor slobs have got to be damn tired and wondering how in times like these the federal government could add 180,000 positions to its payroll.

On a sidebar, I really can't stomach a union position of any sort. The entire philosophy of a man who wants a job, telling another man who created the job what he will pay them and give them as benefits, is beyond my possible belief abilities.

My beef with government employees is really aimed at federal employees though, some exceptions, as my federal government has created these positions almost entirely against the US Constitution created by the Founders.

By the way, these are NOT liberal beliefs, these ARE conservative beliefs and I would challenge anyone who works for the federal government, save the military, how the Founding Fathers would justify their jobs existence. On a local level, smaller government is ALWAYS better. Police and "teachers" are a must but the rest is really up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by tljames View Post
    * somewhere in Michigan*

Ok guys smile and say..........SHUFFLINNNNNNN!

Some guys just like that, did a bang up job putting out a fire in Michigan's Upper Peninsula recently. I would like to whole heartedly thank these "heroes" for keeping the Duck Lake fire contained between the Two Hearted River on one side, the Tahquamenon River on the other side and Lake Superior to the North. I don't think the fire went for than a half a mile outside the river boundaries and didn't burn one inch of water in Lake Superior! Only 65 homes and one business were lost, every single home and business in the fire area. To go into the mistakes of how this fire was allowed to burn on the first day would be an online abortion. Whatever though, "heroes" just the same!

Darn, Timmah it was just a joke I still loves ya! smoooochesss
    Have you ever heard anyone complain about having ammo left over after a gunfight?"

Quote Originally Posted by tljames View Post
    Darn, Timmah it was just a joke I still loves ya! smoooochesss

I loves you too baby,

Do government employees have this song at the ready whenever they go to work, cruise about town, go on a call?

In case you guys ain't heard. Scranton PA just cut all thier public employees to minimun wage. The city can't afford the price anymore.
    Staten Island German Martial Arts (S.I.G.M.A.)
    http://www.sigmanewyork.webs.com/

Time to feed the pigs!!!!!!

The sword of time will pierce our skins
    It doesn't hurt when it begins
    But as it works its way on in
    The pain grows stronger...watch it grin.

Quote Originally Posted by axemurderer View Post
    In case you guys ain't heard. Scranton PA just cut all thier public employees to minimun wage. The city can't afford the price anymore.

not all. it was only about 400 workers -

Quote Originally Posted by axemurderer View Post

See now, that's none of my business and I really don't generally care about what OTHER city's do with their public employees. I do know that I don't want ANY public employees in my city.

The issue of federal public employees is far different. They have to go, ALL of them except those provided for by the U.S. Constitution. The ones that are left cannot be unionized.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    actually, no. In this day and age the giant marketing train of both federal and local governments has made it a requirement that you be a government employee to be a "hero". I am so offended by this marketing that it is stuck in my crawl.

-government employment positions should be made made as a last resort and not for a jobs program.
    -government employee creation should be done with the utmost in care, anyone care to guess when the last time the federal government shrank its numbers of employees? Obama has added 180,000 hero's in the last three years!
    -government employment should not be called "servant" or "in the service", we all know that it us in the private sector that are stuck doing the serving and paying for these employment positions. Policemen telling free people how we should talk to them, elected officials wanting exceptions on how the rule of law applies to them, the pyramid is upside down.

Right now my definition of a "hero" is any poor slob doing the working, paying, and slaving to pay for all these government employment positions. These poor slobs have got to be damn tired and wondering how in times like these the federal government could add 180,000 positions to its payroll.

On a sidebar, i really can't stomach a union position of any sort. The entire philosophy of a man who wants a job, telling another man who created the job what he will pay them and give them as benefits, is beyond my possible belief abilities.

My beef with government employees is really aimed at federal employees though, some exceptions, as my federal government has created these positions almost entirely against the us constitution created by the founders.

By the way, these are not liberal beliefs, these are conservative beliefs and i would challenge anyone who works for the federal government, save the military, how the founding fathers would justify their jobs existence. On a local level, smaller government is always better. Police and "teachers" are a must but the rest is really up for debate.
    yal,,,, what he said!!!!

Founding Member
    I still stand by my statement.

Any given day the random guy walking down the street has the ability to to something extraordinary. The ball is in his court for the next step. Does he run to the media, or does he continue his life out of the limelight? To me, a hero stays out of the spotlight. If he is thrust into the limelight he does his best to get out of it quickly. I guess I'm old fashioned in that the hero never reveals his true identity.

Is "hero" overused? Absolutely, but don't think for a minute that regular Joe's can't step up to the plate and deserve the title.

GAWD I hate it that I'm Pubic (is that spelled right?) enemy number 1!

Yet government or otherwise I LOVE my job! So here I sit. Here's a diddy for ya.

{NOTE} THE FOLLOWING IS PURE DEE BS!

Just thought it entertaining, given the topic!

DISCOVER WHO YOUR HERO IS TODAY!

This is fun. I promise you WILL laugh when you discover your HERO
    NO CHEATING. I was really surprised to find out who my HERO was.

FIND OUT WHO TRULY IS YOUR HERO DON'T SCROLL DOWN YET, DO THE
    SIMPLE
    MATH BELOW, THEN SCROLL DOWN TO FIND YOUR HERO.

It's CRAZY how accurate this is!
    No peeking!

(1) Pick your favorite number between 1-9

(2) Multiply by 3 then

(3) Add 3

(4) Then again Multiply by 3 (I'll wait while you get the calculator....)

(5) You'll get a 2 or 3 digit number....

(6) Add the digits together

Now Scroll down .................

With that number, see who your HERO is from the list below:
    1. Einstein
    2. Oprah Winfrey
    3. George w. Bush
    4. Bill Clinton
    5. Bill Gates
    6. Gandhi
    7. Ronald Reagan
    8. Babe Ruth
    9. Thomas James
    10. John F. Kennedy

I know, I know....I just have that effect on people. One day, you too
    can be like me.

Stop picking different numbers!! I AM YOUR HERO, JUST DEAL WITH IT !!!!
    HEHEHEHEHEHEHE! Thomas
    Have you ever heard anyone complain about having ammo left over after a gunfight?"