Thread: Gentlemen, a little help here....

Gentlemen, a little help here....

It seems I'm finding myself on some unfamiliar ground here. I just purchased a Dan Wesson Model 44HV with a six-inch barrel. I've worked on S&Ws(Even graduated from their Armorers' school for revolvers) and Colt revolvers for many years but, This is the first Dan Wesson I've run into and it's very different.

This gun came with nothing. I've located and bought a Wrench for the barrel and I've downloaded an Operators' manual but I need to disassemble the gun for rebluing. I've found some things on the Model 12s and 15s but, they all use a sideplate, everything on this gun comes out through the Triggerguard somewhat like the Ruger SP101.
    Basically, I'm looking for anything in the way of disassembly instructions for Large-Frame Dan Wesson guns, they all come apart the same way. Any assisstance you all can render would be greatly appreciated.

Why couldn't this kid build guns like his Daddy?
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    NRA,GCA,OGCA, USAF,Msgt.Ret.

Maybe this can help http://www.danwessonforum.com/
    In God we trust, all others pay cash.

GulP, way above my intellect but I'm riveted to hear how it goes.

Dave,
    This help any??
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

It may Orlando, before it's over! LOL.

Patriot
    Take a good look at what you have got and if you have had Smiths ,Colts and any other revolvers apart it will come to you.There is no tricks to getting it apart and once you start you will see that there is little differance from other revolvers.The first time I took one apart it had come from a crashed airplane and all I had was a pic of the thing I had to straighten the grip frame before I could even start. You can do it! Form follows function.
    Mix
    USAF Retired
    823 CSP

Well, I may have found an answer to my dilemma. I talked with the owner of Blueridgebluing the other day. Talk about serendipity, Mark, the owner happens to be the one who did all of DWs bluing for about ten years, from 1997 to 2007. He also repairs them along with rebluing. For an extra $20.00 they will disassemble and reassemble the gun for Bluing. What I'm going to do is go ahead and pay for the stripdown, bluing and reassembly and have him send me a disassembly instruction for it. 'For future use'.
    Besides, There's no way I can match that high-polish Blue. Anybody who's seen DW revolvers knows what I mean.