Folks,

I want to take a couple minuets and follow up with my new perspective I now have for JJ O'Shea and the M1 for Vet's project, I hope you find this positive but my real hope is that by sharing some of the conversations I had with JJ that you too will come away with a new perspective for just what Mr. O'Shea does, how much he gives personally and that you too will have a renewed outlook on just how important the M1 for Vet's project really is.

Forgive me if I seem to ramble a bit, I have felt VERY passionate for what all our Vet's do for us back here at home, more so for those who come home wounded and of course those who have paid the ultimate price for OUR Freedom and have left their families with out them.

First, I owe JJ O'Shea an huge apology, JJ if you read this, Sir I whole hearted apologize for misjudging you and for not understanding just what a personal, emotional toll takes on you to support our wounded Vet's by what you do. God Bless you sir for what you do, I pray you can continue for many many years with the M1 for Vet's project and that it brings you peace of heart while you do it. I also owe you an apology because I was not aware you had posted a Thank You on the CMP long long ago. Somehow I missed it and those around me also were not aware of it. I accused you of being ungrateful, Wow was I ever completely misguided and wrong, I'm sorry sir. I did go back and read through your prior CMP postings, there is was just as you told me. I feel like a real ass, I just wasn't aware of that posting.

Mr. O'Shea called me personally, not once but twice last week. The first call was over 40 minutes long, the second call the next morning was well over 30 minutes, Thank You Sir for spending so much time with me on the phone, I know you had better things to do then having to try and explain yourself to me. I know you gave me so much of your time because it bothered you to think someone was angry at you, again I was so wrong. Thank You for sharing with me so much of what you do and the stories you told me about some of the Vet's you have touched. I hope to some day be able to shake your hand and Thanks You in person, B is right on the money when he says your an honorable humble man and your lucky to have a friend like B to stand with you. B, I apologize to you sir too.

I'm not going to tell the details of our conversation, much of it was personal. I will tell you Mr. Oshea is VERY passionate for what he does, it has taken a toll on his personal life and I can tell he carries with him both the sadness to see our fine Vet's with their life's shattered but he also see's how much a simple thing like giving them a rifle, getting them out to a range and putting a smile on their face helps lift their broken sprits. JJ told me how he has seen some of these Vet's regain their lives long after being presented with the rifles and how they have become once again productive and enjoy life again, how rewarding that has to be.

As many of you know, I lost my leg here at home from a fall from a ladder, years of complications of and infection trying to save my shattered foot ultimately cost me my left lower leg in Jan of 09. Unlike our Vet's who have their lives shattered in a blink of and eye on the battle field, I knew for a few weeks what was coming and had time to prepare or so I thought. When I woke from my surgery and looked down, something in me snapped, it was not something I saw coming or expected and no one warned me. I went into a very deep depression, my life was now forever changed, my finical means where ruined, my life was very grim. Not only did this ruin my life, the hardest part for me was it also ruined my wife's life as well and she did nothing to deserve this. We were lucky just to be able to hang onto a old home and old beat up cars. My wife had to take an additional job, working 70 plus hours a week just to keep us at that level. I almost gave up on life, I really didn't care if I saw tomorrow and I felt if I was out of the way, maybe it would be better in the long run for my wife, I was such a burden to her.

I tell you this not to insert Wilson's story, but because I want you to think, if that impacted my life to loose a limb here at home, can you begin to fathom how the lives of these wounded Vet's must be? I can't, I can not imagine coming home from battle to face my family and to try to pick up the pieces, to get "some" of your life back. I say "some" because trust me, after something like this you never will get all your life back, it is a forever life changing situation. God Bless the families of our wounded Vet's, God Bless them for being strong and for helping their son's, husband's, father's recover, it's a terrible burden on them as well.

JJ, Thank You for what you do, Thank You for lifting the sprits of these Vet's and Thank You for giving them Joy in life again. God Bless you sir! I truly believe God puts us where he needs us to be, I know the M1 for Vet's project is a personal burden for you but I truly think it's your calling.

Please folks, please continue to support the M1 for Vet's project, think about them more often and spread the word. Give what you can, if your like me I know you don't have deep pockets, but give, anything helps and please don't ever think your not appreciated for it, You Are! If there are some of you who can spare some time, please contact JJ and see if there is something YOU can do to help him with the project, I know he could use the help folks! There has to be some of you who has some time that can lend him a hand and possibly help him right from your home, maybe with emails, phone calls, I'm not sure what kind of help JJ needs but I do know he's carrying a huge burden. Right now I'm trying to still pick up the pieces and make life better for my wife, she has stood by me through all this and I must make improving our lives here at home my priority. At some point when the pieces fall back into place and I can devote time, I do plan on asking JJ what can I do to help. I'm looking forward to that day and it's on my list of "must do".

Thank you for giving me the time for this lengthy post, I hope I have come across as I planned and have given you a new perspective for our Vet's and for what JJ does.

One last thing, JJ told me about the new website for the M1 for Vet's, below is a link. Please, please a few minutes and watch the videos on the website if you haven't already, they are powerful and will touch your heart!

Guy Wilson