Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grip safety not working.

Temptation got the best of me today, so I ran half a box of HSM ammo through it. More wrong with it than I originally thought.

Now, the extractor wants to skip right over the rim, leaving the empty in the chamber, and run a loaded round right up against it. Is there anything I can do with the extractor, short of replacing it? Can they be bent slightly to grab the rim of the case better? Can I take a stone to the hook, and give it a little more bite?

Edit...here's a pic of it. Auto-Ordnance. Not much to look at, just something to toss on my belt when I'm up in the woods.
    Last edited by M1orNone; 05-19-2011 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Added pic

When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Patriot
    Glad it was so simple. If you want to go with a name get a a wolff spring kit for it. Otherwise any surplus GI spring should work as long as it is "crisp" you will be able to tell by just handling it as you fit it.and it won't cost as much as a name brand.
    Mix

Patriot
    The extractor can be a problem. First check the portion that engages the case and insure that it is still complete. The fancy stuff comes after you have the extractor working. Simple fix, change the extractor. Challenging fix, Pull the extractor out and place it in a vise with the portion of the extractor that has the last bump clamped it should be parallel with your work bench "horizontal" then give it a sharp rap with a leather mallet to bend it in. if metal is brittle or fatigued it will snap and as it was , no great loss as it could have done that during firing. It does not take a really heavy rap to re set it . If you have some resistance re installing the extractor,GOOD you have it fixed. The resistance will tell you where you are at with it. Even a new one should drag when installed. I hope this helps as I use the "hard" fix even with new extractors
    Mix