View Poll Results: Who will you vote for President in the 2012 election?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • obama (the incumbent)

2 6.90%
  • romney (a "Republican" challenger)

26 89.66%
  • Other, please explain in a brief posting.

1 3.45%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A thread to unite us all!

Quote Originally Posted by KnickKnack View Post
    Right. So the Supreme Court threw it back to the Voters to decide who they want in office to either let Obama Care continue or toss it out. The Voters must decide this issue in November, not only with electing a President, but with Congressional elections too. Pay close attention to what those running for Congress are saying in your districts and vote for who you think best represents your views.

Did they, did the supreme court let voters choose? If Michigan opts out and every other state opts in, to you think any of my federal income taxes are going to go to obama care? If every single state opted out except california, hawaii, and new york, you can rest assured that the other 47 would still be fleeced.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Did they, did the supreme court let voters choose? If Michigan opts out and every other state opts in, to you think any of my federal income taxes are going to go to obama care? If every single state opted out except california, hawaii, and new york, you can rest assured that the other 47 would still be fleeced.
    I've heard it said that "all politics is local". Well, this may be where it starts, but in this modern era of instant communication, you have to be "in the know" of what is happening in other locales also. This is what the Tea Party is really all about. For a long time now, the Liberals have been the ones to mobilize their base and move them to where they are needed to advance their political agenda. Do you think the People protesting in Wisconsin all lived in Wisconsin? The People in Ohio campaigning for Obama all live in Ohio? If you are not happy with what New York, California, or Hawaii are doing on a Federal level, then you need to be involved in their politics too. You don't need to physically go their, just use the internet to "rally the troops" that are in those States, or can get to those States. "The squeeky wheel gets the grease". It's either this, or wait til the USA disbands like the USSR did and each State becomes it's own Country.

I've heard it said that "all politics is local". Well, this may be where it starts, but in this modern era of instant communication, you have to be "in the know" of what is happening in other locales also. This is what the Tea Party is really all about. For a long time now, the Liberals have been the ones to mobilize their base and move them to where they are needed to advance their political agenda. Do you think the People protesting in Wisconsin all lived in Wisconsin? The People in Ohio campaigning for Obama all live in Ohio? If you are not happy with what New York, California, or Hawaii are doing on a Federal level, then you need to be involved in their politics too. You don't need to physically go their, just use the internet to "rally the troops" that are in those States, or can get to those States. "The squeeky wheel gets the grease". It's either this, or wait til the USA disbands like the USSR did and each State becomes it's own Country.

Or... woudn't it be great if union's didn't send all their money to democrats and the democrats had no funding to pull this crap?

Union, NO!

Patriot
    I can't disagree with that. Union members have no control at all over how their money is spent. The Union Officers are strictly in it for themselves and care nothing about their membership anymore, only the dues the members pay. Most of the Union Bosses don't even know what the jobs their members do are all about. At one time, Unions were local too, run by their members who were also the workers. Everyone knew the job and how it needed to be done correctly. That all changed when Unions merged and hired outsiders to run the business of the Union. The freedom of the individual worker was taken away by the concept of "closed shop". Unions have become a dinosaur that should be eliminated.

I can't disagree with that. Union members have no control at all over how their money is spent. The Union Officers are strictly in it for themselves and care nothing about their membership anymore, only the dues the members pay. Most of the Union Bosses don't even know what the jobs their members do are all about. At one time, Unions were local too, run by their members who were also the workers. Everyone knew the job and how it needed to be done correctly. That all changed when Unions merged and hired outsiders to run the business of the Union. The freedom of the individual worker was taken away by the concept of "closed shop". Unions have become a dinosaur that should be eliminated.
    Union members do have control over how their money is spent, they can ELECT different leadership, they can use persuasion and convince their fellow employees that they should get rid of the union, they can quit and get a job with no union, they can choose not to entertain getting a job in a union shop. Seems pretty easy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Herk, I think the mindset is a vote for Ron Paul=4 more years of obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Yes, that is correct. I made that mistake once in my youth, never again. I will vote for the thief who just steals my cash and not for the thief who steals my cash and pillages my family.
    I was too busy eating my popcorn, I forgot to respond to this...

I never mentioned Ron Paul. A vote for Romney is a vote for Obama. They're two sides of the same exact coin. They're both Harvey Dent and the Presidency is Two Face.

Tim, you really surprise me. You say a lot of things on here about how you don't like unions and everyone is free to do as they please as long as it doesn't infringe upon anyone else's right to do as he pleases, and how the drafters of the Constitution intended it to mean "X", etc, ad nauseam. Yet here when it comes time to tell the people who represent you on the Federal level how you feel about the job they are doing, and how you as a citizen of your State would like the Federal government governed, you seem to be taking the easy cop out of "the lesser of two evils". At least you're exercising your right to do as you please.

I need to go find some more popcorn...

Quote Originally Posted by HerkFE View Post
    I was too busy eating my popcorn, I forgot to respond to this...

I never mentioned Ron Paul. A vote for Romney is a vote for Obama. They're two sides of the same exact coin. They're both Harvey Dent and the Presidency is Two Face.

Tim, you really surprise me. You say a lot of things on here about how you don't like unions and everyone is free to do as they please as long as it doesn't infringe upon anyone else's right to do as he pleases, and how the drafters of the Constitution intended it to mean "X", etc, ad nauseam. Yet here when it comes time to tell the people who represent you on the Federal level how you feel about the job they are doing, and how you as a citizen of your State would like the Federal government governed, you seem to be taking the easy cop out of "the lesser of two evils". At least you're exercising your right to do as you please.

I need to go find some more popcorn...

I guess I can be a bit surprising. Like I said though, I've been there done that on voting for long shot lottery picks. If you, I, Stu, everyone on this board, voted for a third candidate, what would it do? Can you tell me that there's any chance at all we could pick a winner before I'm dead? Meanwhile, the worser of two evils is keeping their votes and winning. What does that mean to you or I? It means we get communism to the second power.

No sir, I may be a radical, a dreamer, a constitutional nut whack job BUT... I'm not stupid.