Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Show me your 1903's

Patriot
    Here is mine I have posted before> I have two more almost completed and will post them too
    Mix

Photobucket Springfield 1903

Photobucket Remington 03A3
    Have you ever heard anyone complain about having ammo left over after a gunfight?"

Here is my 03a1 late NS reciever 1.47 mil SA, this is the way she came from the local gun store when I lived in Tucson Az, USMC sights/ hood, fine checkered butt plate, prewar C stock with the only stamp being a S in the cut off without any real dents or dings. The barrel was so grungy it took nearly a whole bag of patches, bottle in a half of solvent and a pint of elbow grease before the dark changed and bacame dim. Altho the bore is comming arround the more I shoot it.IMAG0107_1340333777209.jpgIMAG0108_1340333742192.jpgIMAG0109_1340333707768.jpg
    Last edited by Phil McGrath; 06-22-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Patriot
    Just thought I would bring back this old thread.

Quote Originally Posted by checkmate19 View Post
    Just thought I would bring back this old thread.
    I got some new stuff but I'm too lazy to take pics.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Patriot
    I am thinking about digging in and learning more about my 03 and A3s soon. I sure do like them and really enjoy shooting them. I just never cared much about pins bolts and such just finger grove or not. I have a hand full of them and ready to learn what I have.

Checkmate, I am totally addicted to them. Roadkingtrax has some really nice looking stuff.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Patriot
    This is my reclaimed type-writer gun. It started as a stripped Smith Corona receiver from Aim surplus, NOS RA 2-44 2 groove barrel, and NOS bolt. Most of the other parts came from Ebay or Numrich.

I had the barrel installed, but did the rest of the work myself. Including reparking parts (Bolt Guts, Trigger guard, follower, ect), staining the handguard to match the nice S stock I got from Punch the Clown. The cutoff area needed a little work with a dremel to get the cutoff to move, but Alumnahyde dark-parkerizing touched it up perfectly.

Axemurderer was kind enough to answer all my stupid questions.

Justin
    Last edited by jbkf1003; 05-14-2015 at 09:32 PM.