Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314

Thread: Mini-G Pic Thread

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by medman View Post
    My mini G. Definitely one of my bail out guns!
    Who makes that stock pouch? That is really nice.

I made it.
    Q: What is best in life?
    A: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

Junior Cadet

Mini G Pic Thread

Theres not anyway you can cut off the servo from their electronic and just add say a futaba servo connector? I dont have a mini t yet and none of the pictures really show much of the electronics so this is kinda a idea I pulled out. LOL

Junior Cadet
    Mr axemurder--Really like the pistol grip on #2. What is it, and did you use a BM59 stock and take off the pistol grip?? I have a make-up M1 "tanker" that actually works--it would be a great candidate for your mod!

My bad!! Did not realize I was resurrecting an ancient thread!! But, I still like what he did!
    Last edited by Polock; 08-05-2019 at 06:50 PM. Reason: apology
    "I have never seen a situation so desperate that the arrival of a policeman did not make worse"
    Brendan Behan, Irish poet

Junior Cadet
    Just finished my build so I wanted to post a picture and thank Tim for his great work. Back in the 60's, when my dad had retired from active duty and began a new career as a sheriff's deputy, he got a call on a possible prowler. He drove to a woman's house out in the country, stomped around the bushes and didn't find anybody. As he was about to take off, the woman said "officer, one more thing - I want you to take this nasty thing with you! It was my late husband's and I don't want it!" She led my dad to the garage and there was a wreck of an M1 Garand. The husband had filed down much of the metal work - including the op rod handle for some reason - and thinned out the stock so much it cracked at the wrist. From my single digits through high school, the rifle sat as a rusty paperweight in the corner of our garage. I was always curious about it and would occasionally pull it out of its scabbard to check out and cycle. After I graduated from college, one of the first things I did with my newfound income was to mail order a $99 kit of Korean parts to rebuild it. I kept the 5-digit receiver and original trigger group, most everything else was replaced. A local gunsmith headspaced the barrel. It was a true Frankengun, part blued, part parkerized, with the ugliest GI stock I'd ever seen, but I loved shooting it and called it "my favorite plinker." Nothing like having those .30-06 shells flying over your shoulder. Nothing like ammo cans full of surplus M2 ball for $60 either! During lockdown I decided it was time I showed the Garand some more love, so I sent it to Tim for reparkerizing and the Mini-G treatment. Calico Hardwoods is in my home town, and after a few rejections around the country the good folks at Wenig Custom shaped a blank that I'd picked out from stacks of pallets. So here it is, reborn and ready for another 80 years of service -

Mighty Mini (Custom).jpg