Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini-G Pic Thread

Junior Cadet
    I took my Mini-G to the range today and shot a box of Federal "168 gr. Sierra Matchking BTHP". My first 3-round group at 100 yards was 7 1/2 - 9 1/2 high, so I dialed it down 7 clicks--as low as it would go; that was about right for most shots, though I'd still get moderately high groups. I shot six 3-round groups in total:

Group 1 - 7 in. (center target)
    Group 2 - 5 in. (also center)
    Group 3 - 4 in. (lower left)
    Group 4 - 3 1/4 in. (lower right)
    Group 5 - 5 1/4 in. (upper left)
    Group 6 - 2 3/4 in. (upper right)

This is my first rifle with an aperature sight, and this was my first time shooting it. Lighting was adequate but not ideal, and generally I could only see the front sight and not the wings on the side as I aimed. I'd like to get someone with experience shooting Garands to shoot my Mini-G and see what their groups look like. Initially I wasn't too happy with my shooting (not that I'm a top shooter), but as I measured the groups and saw the steady improvement (with the exception of group 5, when I know I pulled on of my shots), I figure I may have a real shooter here once I figure out what I'm doing. I'd be interested in any informed opinions.

Mini-G Target.jpg

P.S. - I should add that this Mini-G caught the interest of several old-timers at the range. =)
    Last edited by Paltik; 11-07-2013 at 05:00 AM.

Founding Member
    How many rounds have you fired since the action was out of the stock? My Garand needs ~30 to completely settle in.

Others with more experience will be along shortly...

Junior Cadet
    Good question cuppednlocked. I probably only shot a total of 30-35 rounds since receiving my Mini-G, culminating in the 18 pictured above.

Junior Cadet
    My Mini-G re-born Aug2013 from a SA-SG.
    I really like this rifle.

Mini_G.jpg

Almost 4 months with no new posts. There HAS to be some Mini Gs around here that have yet to grace these hallowed pages.

Cadet
    Waiting on mine to come back from His Royal Majesty Shufflin, pix will follow.

Founding Member
    He {TIM} Must be really Busy, haven't noticed too many postings here lately?? Maybe your will be out soon?

Patriot
    Just got my Mini-G back from Tim today.. It was a standard Mini-G that I sent back and had Tim install a Drop Down Gas Cylinder from Standard Parts and straighten the Oprod so I could install an Ultimak mount (without the need for Tim to mill the oprod and mount) and a Leupold FXII 2.5X scout scope on QRW Low rings. With this setup I get a good chin weld, the rear sight is visable in the bottom 1/3 of the FOV, but disappears when you focus on the target through the scope.

Range report will follow in a month or so after we thaw out a bit here in the northeast..

20140301_194702.jpg20140301_201557.jpg
    Last edited by jbkf1003; 03-01-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Patriot
    Can't say why....am just fond of those dropdown gas cylinders. Just say'in. Very nice looking rifle by the way!

Looks good!
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"