Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini-G Pic Thread

I really like the way the gun handles with the pistol grip stock, but this thing is HEAVY! It weighs in at 10 lbs as pictured. I've still got to fit the butt plate and stock ferrule, and finish it. Maybe the weight won't be an issue, but right now it feels like a cinder block to me.

Patriot
    Danny , tell us more about your Mini G , is it a SA WWII , and what did you do about the barrel , yours or Tims? I like the aftermarket wood on them but yours really set off with that nice GI wood.

Quote Originally Posted by checkmate19 View Post
    Danny , tell us more about your Mini G , is it a SA WWII , and what did you do about the barrel , yours or Tims? I like the aftermarket wood on them but yours really set off with that nice GI wood.
    Not sure if you're asking me or 9th Infantry.
    I have a Springfield in Tim's shop as we speak getting the Mini G treatment.
    9th Infantry's rifle IS really nice in the GI wood!!

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate19 View Post
    I'll claim that compliment. The rifle is an SA 6 digit, 99*666. I bought it as a field grade, but it was really a SVC grade with junk wood. I replaced the bullet guide because it had a split cam, or spur, whichever you prefer. All the other parts were svc. grade or better which was really nice because that made for a better MiniG. All parts are WWII Springfield except the barrel, it is an HRA. It came with the rifle, it had well worn finish but the CMP hang tag read Muzzle 2, and bore 1. So I had Tim use it on the rifle. I rubbed in a lot of corrosionX into the park, I like the look it gives to it, and it takes away the dryness of the new park. Hope Tim doesn't mind.

The stock came out of my modest collection of HRA wood. I sold off my other nice HRA stocks to pay for the G. I have a wedding to help pay for, so I was able to get the rifle done without investing any new $$$. Only way to pull it off and keep breathing. That old walnut is really amazing in person, and it seems to change over time.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by 9th Infantry Division View Post
    Only way to pull it off and keep breathing.
    ROTFL. I know what you mean. I had to sell a 308 Garand I built up from mostly NOS parts to pay for my 2nd G, a mag fed that is in his shop right now..

Hey Tim....How about showing us your personal Mini Gs? I'd love to see how you have yours set up.

Seriously, mine are junk. Still, I'll put up some pictures soon.

Founding Member
    Still without pics??

My only G left, the rest of my Garands are a standard HRA, EMCF SA, a BM14, and BM59's. This is my 35 Whelen G. It is a very good shooter (minute of heart at 300 yards) and is built from every poor part known to man. It has an old rusty sewer pipe barrel turned into a crystal clear and shiny barrel. It also has an Oprod with a hole in the bend, trigger guard with lugs I made and re soldered in, butt plate with no checkering, stock that was broken in half and I screwed and glued it back together, receiver has a broken toe on the right leg and I welded it and soldered it back on, oprod catch was missing the accelerator so it's now a holbrook type catch, gas cylinder had a dented in stacking swivel retainer hole so I ground it off for this rifle.

MyG1.jpgMyG2.jpgMyG3.jpgMyG4.jpg

Founding Member
    Tim , your rifle looks nice..Mini G and the .35 W, what mount is that for the scope? Plus is the forward part drilled and tapped??