Thread: .308 loads

.308 loads

What recipes are you guys using for .308 handloads?
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

Photobucket

100 yds off bench and "lead sled" this is a "bolt gun"

180 gr Sierra Game King
    Winchester Brand Brass
    "trimmed" to book specs

47.7 gr IMR 4350
    Winchester Large Rifle Primers
    C.O.A.L. 2.810"
    Have you ever heard anyone complain about having ammo left over after a gunfight?"

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    I'm using 42 grns IMR 4064 behind 150 grn Sierra sp.I use cc1#200 primers.The bullets are cheap,but preform admirably in My M14-ish,and M1's.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

I loaded some up for a buddy....44 grains IMR 4064 behind a 168 gr. BTHP. He liked them. Just wondered what others were using....
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"