Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My New Stallion

Love it..!
    !

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    That is a very nice Handgun!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Cadet
    Nice one Jeff! How much? Dave

I overpaid, but I wanted it.....$1600.....(guy started at $1750) Went through the whole dang show, not a single WWI or WWII .45.....beginning of the last row, there it sat....I passed on it originally, was going to leave.....my wife suggested one more look......so I went back, checked all the small details, and asked his bottom dollar......He said 16, so I whipped it out......

Cadet
    They are really starting to dry up! Not overpaid! Nice and original.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTUS View Post
    I overpaid, but I wanted it.....$1600.....(guy started at $1750) Went through the whole dang show, not a single WWI or WWII .45.....beginning of the last row, there it sat....I passed on it originally, was going to leave.....my wife suggested one more look......so I went back, checked all the small details, and asked his bottom dollar......He said 16, so I whipped it out......
    Im my opnion there is no such thing as OVERPAYED. I just wonder what stories are behind your pistol. One thing is for sure I would never repark such a sweet thing. JMHO
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin

THANKS DAVE- I appreciate your opinion, as you've bought and sold a "few" lately......

Thank you too, Gunner....I DID get a story, but only after I bought it.....

Honest to gosh,.....

I handed the 16 bills over, and the guy(who is there with his wife...they're 70 if they're a day over 20) says, "O.K., since we settled up, here's the story". I started cracking up, saying my buddies would kill me if I bought the story, not the gun, but here it is ......

Turns out, his wife had an uncle who ran a convenience store back in the 50-60's in downtown Dallas.......some "wine afficionado" came in a traded it for two $4 bottles of ripple!!! I quickly offered to take back my money and go locate aBUNCH of "ripple", but he was more than happy with the $$$$.....and that is the truth, so help me GOD!!!!!

As far as finish, it'll stay the way it is, although I have gently scrubbed and oiled her up a bit.......

Senior Member captain_bob_badfish's Avatar
    I love it. I too don't think you over paid. I would have happily forked over $16 for it as well. Congrats.

Patriot
    A real nice 1911. I checked one out at a gun show here and and the price was very high and the gun looked like it had parts from every variation of the 1911/1911A1. I did not even try to negotiate on it as a restoration was way more than I wanted to get into. Another offered for sale in "original" condition had a beaver tale grip safety! Enjoy your good luck as those 1911s are very hard to come by in such good condition.
    Mix

Patriot
    BTW Brutus when you get tired of it give me a call. I will give it a good home.I have some Colts but all are commercial types and of course the ones I built and didn't to part with.
    Mix